Avios part-pay

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Be very careful using this procedure as I am now told by the EC people that I will not get my AVIOS redeposited on a part-pay as the ticket in question was non-refundable. Of course I have always got them back in the past, but someone in the far away EC call center assures me this was incorrect.
    BTW does anyone have any tips on the phone option to choose to avoid being sent there..?

capetonianm
    Participant

I have sometimes managed to reach a North American call centre by calling late at night and dialling the USA number. This invariably results in a better experience than with the Indian call centres.

As an aside, I had to ring Alitalia the other day. Dialled the North America number and the call was answered in Albania – and he actually introduced himself by saying he was in Albania. He was extremely well spoken , polite and efficient and solved the problem which the European call centres had not been able to resolve. I know this is off topic and I’m throwing it in only to illustrate the point about calling North American numbers.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Did some digging and India was correct – so if you think there is any chance you may not travel and the ticket you are purchasing is non-refundable,do not waste your Avios ..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls