Are ARN and OSL really bad?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• slotski
    Participant

Thinking of booking a Qatar flight ex Stockholm or Oslo. Some forums have been quite critical of both airports re: check-in, security and passport control.

Are they really that bad? Will travelling J class and/or having BA Gold status ease the pain?

1nfrequent
    Participant

Can’t comment on Stockholm but I’ve done ex-EU from OSL earlier this year and I thought the airport was fine. The security queue was moving quickly – there is a priority line but I don’t know if it’s open to Qatar passengers (I was flying BA and got the impression that it wasn’t available). The airport was having redevelopment work when I was there so it’s a bit crowded but still perfectly fine. The lounge itself was okay – food offering not brilliant but better than nothing – basic alcohol/drinks offering.

Hope you have a great trip whatever you decide.

1F

Olneyflyer
    Participant

Just arrived about thirty minutes ago into Stockholm. No problems getting through passport control. The size of the airport would indicate that its never overly busy and certainly a lot easier to navigate that a lot of hub airports. I would certainly recommend this airport based on the five times I have passed through it.

GivingupBA
    Participant

Been through both airports, both were fine on my trips.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Never had an issue at ARN – easy to navigate airport

esselle
    Participant

Both great airports, especially OSL now that all the rebuilding is pretty much complete.

rjhcambs
    Participant

OSL last Monday at 17:00. Check-in no queue. Security no fast track with BA J but std queue less than five minutes. EU passport queue 10-15 mins. QR Flight had just left so only BA and Norwegian flights going to London to process.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Used OSL not so long ago for an ex-EU on QR to DOH en route to Oz. The lounge is on the Schengen side of passport control adjacent to the duty free and whilst it is not a BA Galleries/First, CX Wing/Pier or QR Business, it does the job and it has a shower (you have to ask at the desk). The catering and drink options are limited.

Security is pretty quick and efficient albeit that there are those times of the day when it gets choked.

As a single building long terminal, it is pretty easy to navigate.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Having used both several times over the last two years if anyone is upset then they need to connect in LHR….they are a dream in comparison….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls