ANA Flight Returns to LAX Due to Extra Passenger

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I found this quite disturbing, especially bearing in mind how the TSA and US authorities make us believe they are so safety conscious.

Luckily there were no bad intentions but if one passenger (with bad intentions) did not show having checked in baggage and his place was taken “innocently” by another traveler, a disaster could happen.
    Any thoughts on this?

Here’s Why Criminal Charges Could Be Filed Following 8-Hour ANA Flight To Nowhere

nevereconomy
    Participant

Was on a commuter flight in the US a couple of years ago where we had an extra passenger – guy got out of the doors where buses load and simply walked across the tramac to the plane! In that case he was discovered, but always chinks in the armor. Even the most heavy-handed security is not always effective. In that respect I mut say I have always felt very safe in UK airports..

Flightlevel
    Participant

If a pax checks in baggage unless his notional replacement had the same boarding pass the baggage will be offloaded, in addition if the original boarding pass did not get checked at the gate a visual check is made (in the UK) to see if he/she is actually on board – to save offloading and a possible delay to the flight.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls