Amex Platinum

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• Binman62
    Participant

Martyn…is this a trageted offer or open to all. Have been waiting for something like this.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Appears to be open to all. If you are registered for online, it says all this can be done on line, all standard web addresses or call 0845 604 2839 (8am – 8pm 7 days a week).

DanielRawson
    Participant

Martyn

I’ve just phoned as I’ve been offered this before and forgot to transfer! Sadly they said it’s only open to selected people who will the criteria (he couldn’t elaborate on this) so if I was you i would use the opportunity whilst you have or you could be full of regret like me! I’ve nearly 300000 points sat there waiting for this offer again so fingers crossed I’m lucky next time.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Daniel – its the third offer I ve had. My dilema is:

1. Whether to go all in with Avios

2. Split between the others (Virgin + Etihad)

3. Keep with Amex so all my eggs are not in one basket.

I have in excess of 500,000, so 40% for Avios means I am being given 1 business return, just for switching – big incentive.

DanielRawson
    Participant

Martyn, its a tricky one. Perhaps one of the reasons I never ended up doing it last time and then forgot! I’ve previously just transferred as and when I’ve needed between to BMI, Virgin or BA. BMI was great because you got great value with Star Alliance but now I’m left with BA and Virgin. Living in Leeds Virgin usually makes more sense as we go to Orlando from Manchester however BA are starting a shuttle from Leeds in December. Decisions , decisions, decisions …though i need the invite again first!

Quick aside Martyn, I notice you spend time in Orlando, is the weather reliable in November?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

We have never had more than a few days continual bad weather in Orlando. We will be there from mid December to mid January and would expect to see plenty of sun.

If you are willing to be flexibile with the flights, there are good connections into Orlando from most (if not all) US gateways and I very rarely fly direct out of Gatwick. LH also have a good direct flight from Frankfurt, but that would add a couple of hours. Generally I fly out of Heathrow and transit where ever BA / AA have good deals (Atlanta, Dallas, NYC, Miami, Washington – plenty of choice).

If you need any help, please ask – my personal email is well published on here.

navnov11
    Participant

I am an Amex Gold and I received the same offer in the mail today. 40+ Avios, 35% Virgin and 20% bonus on Etihad miles. The offer for BA is to transfer these points between 5th Sep to 31st October.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls