United’s Polaris seat being reviewed by Quest on CNN tonight 9.30pm

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

If anyone is interested Richard Quest is reviewing the new American Airlines Polaris seat & service, tonight at 9.30pm on CNN.

Probably be on You Tube within a couple of days…

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Martyn American or United ? I ask because we have already reviewed Polaris which is already in service with United.

United begins Polaris business class rollout

Flight review: United B777-300ER Polaris Business

K1ngston
    Participant

Martyn its the United seat…. Comes with its own pair of boxing gloves I hope??

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Apologies, it is the United seat (can the thread title be changed please?).

It was scheduled for last night, but the only news rolling was the storm damage. It appears to now be scheduled for Thursday evening – at least that’s what CNN are advertising on the channel now..

AlanOrton1
    Participant

A low brow claim to fame – I shared a lift / elevator with Mr Quest at the Crowne Plaza Changi last March.

Possibly a better experience that enduring a flight with UA.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Here in the UK I think it is on at 2130 tomorrow night (Thursday 14 September) at least according to the advert last night.

Afterwards it’s always hard finding where the videos are.

This might be a good place to start

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/specials/business-traveller

Interestingly, we are starting our own Business Traveller TV channel which will be available on British Airways, Iberia, Lufthansa and Swiss from October – more to follow….

and Richard is a lovely guy – I’ve spent many hours with him everywhere from Farnborough Air Show to “backstage” airport show rounds in the U.S – always great company.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Good news to have factual and travel entertainment from BT on those flights, most films seem to be for children and the fairer sex, and I keep BT magasine to read when on cable tv in hotels.
    I trust it won’t make males cry – recent survey says we do at high altitude, or mayb high alcohol content?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’m fairly sure it won’t make anyone cry.

I haven’t noticed people crying while watching the IFE – after a few drinks some men laugh very loudly at the comedies but that’s fair enough. It’s the snoring afterwards that is annoying!

esselle
    Participant

Not sure Tom.

I had to stop watching “I Am Sam” on an overnight SQ flight to London because I was welling up!!

K1ngston
    Participant

On a recent flight between SIN and DEL I watched lion and I was unashamedly crying my eyes out, and looked up to see at least one or two others wiping their eyes … Nothing like a good cry between meals LOL…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

How strange. Richard Quest was announced as next on CNN… only for Inside Africa to be broadcast…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls