American Airlines B737-800 First (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Awayagain
    Participant

AA 119 Boeing 737-800 – EWR-LAX
    First Class – full cabin of 16 pax

Check-in – I used the online check-in with iphone App, baggage drop in EWR was simple.
    Security – no major delays through security, but definite lack of consistency – laptops could remain in the bags, shoes could stay on……….certainly makes the process easier but different to LAX the same day.

Admiral Lounge – as BA Gold could use the lounge, but was only allowed access on production of card, regardless of being on 1st Class ticket and FF status indicated on boarding card.

Delay – the flight was delayed by about 45 minutes due to the tug pushing back, breaking down half way through the process, the captain kept everyone informed

Seat – the seat in reality is no more than a Long Haul Premium Economy seat – but perfectly adequate for a a daylight / evening flight when sleep is a bonus rather than a necessity. Seated in row one, you do lack any real room to stretch out your legs.

Food and Drink – the crew came around shortly after take off with drinks and warmed nuts (a nice touch). This was followed by the main meal, which was well presented and served course by course. I had pre-ordered the main – a Chicken with butternut squash crust, Sweet Potato and vegetables. The presentation was excellent but the meal was tasteless and bland. I took only a few bites, before leaving it. What was interesting two others in the same row, left theirs too – but on collection the Stewardess didn’t ask to see why no one had eaten it – we could all have had different reasons, but the crew certainly weren’t interested in getting feedback.

Entertainment – overhead screens showed some kind of entertainment for about half the flight – headsets were available for a charge, but no one actually came around and offered them.

WIFI – the aircraft has WIFI, again at a charge, personally i feel this should be included in premium tickets

Cabin Crew – the crew were pleasant but not particularly engaging or interested in the passengers (well not me anyway!). With the galley directly ahead of my seat, i was able to hear, quite audibly the crew chat for most of the flight – someone needs to tell them that the passengers can hear very clearly everything they talk about, a problem also found on other airlines.
    In terms of safety check – these seemed a bit limited, bags were left at bulkhead seats etc, and unusually lights were not dimmed for take off (is that AA policy?).

Overall the flight was acceptable, it wasn’t the best flight and wasn’t the worst i have been on – but a bit more interest from the crew and the experience could have been far far better.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

The headsets are free in First, just so you know

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls