Airport Fast Boarding – Biometric Boarding Gates

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• benchu126
    Participant

Hello all,

Many of you may have experienced of using self service check in kiosk at the airport, have you think of doing the same for boarding? Schiphol Airport has trialled the biometric boarding system at the airport in March this year, where passengers can use the facial recognition to board the plane instead of checking passport and boarding pass by airline staff. This is similar to the one seen at border control where a machine with camera will scan your face to verify your identity. Did any of you tried the biometric boarding before? Can you share some experience?

In addition, I am currently doing a research on this topic. Can you please spare 5 minutes for filling out my survey at the following link. Much appreciated.

https://cranfielduniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cZVi93YpF9Xna3r

K1ngston
    Participant

my twopence on this subject, as per a recent thread, the biometric gates are mostly closed at certain times of the day (they say due to staff shortages!) what would happen if this were the case whilst boarding nobody would get on a plane ..

For me the purpose of technology is to take things out of the hands of the unwashed and clearly in the UK this hasnt worked well

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls