Air NZ Spaceseat Premium – Advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

CityRiskBoy
    Participant

All, I’m flying from Lhr to LAX next mnth with ANZ in their PE cabin with space seats …..read mixed reviews, anyone flown this cabin on this route care to give me their views….also want to know what the chances of are for upgrade to business when i get to the airport

superchris
    Participant

Havent flown on it but like many on this forum im sure, very interested in your feedback. I think what ANZ have done here, and in their couches in Y class is true innovation we havent seen in the industry for a little while and should be applauded.

The theme I have read is that the window seats are a little cramped but are great for solo travellers, with the middle seats being perfect for couples. What also comes through is the superb ANZ service, ability to use the AVOD from gate to gate and ordering food from your screen.

Re upgrades, Im sure its been discussed elsewhere, smile sweetly, hope for a full flight, flash your ANZ gold card if you have one.

Enjoy.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello superchris

Has ANZ really been innovative as you suggest ?

When you refer to Skycouch or “cuddle class” – not to be confused with the Spaceseats in PE – has meant ANZ having to install the unpopular 10-across seating in Y class on its B777-300ERs.

Has it been a success ? Well if Skycouch or the new PE for that matter were successful then I wonder why ANZ hasn’t gone ahead, as it said it would at the time of the launch, to reconfigure the rest of its B777 fleet ?

Right now, only ANZ’s B777-300ERs – which were delivered factory fresh from Boeing – have the new seating layouts.

superchris
    Participant

Londoncity. innovation is innovation. The sinclair c5 was innovative but Im not seeing hundreds of them in my street. What it did do though was challenge the conventions, and prompt discussion debate and further innovation. I agree strange that ANZ havent rolled out across the board but I for one wish there were more carriers trying to move the boundaries in the way that ANZ have.

In my opinion you can count innovation in the last 20 years on the fingers of one hand, BA flatbed, Virgin drive through check in, Emirates Suites, ying and yang seating??!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls