Air France B773 Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• icenspice
    Participant

Dakar airport is located slap bang in the middle of a residential area to the north of the city centre. I arrived there 3 hours before the scheduled departure time of 22:45.

Absolutely no fuss at check-in and I proceeded to the priority security lane. I presented my boarding card, only to be told ‘Ce n’est pas une obligation’. I politely brushed this off and was quickly let through.

Next stop the Salon Prestige. I immediately liked the place – large, easy to find a quiet spot, dimly lit. A friendly bartender served me a drink and I grabbed a few tasty samosas from a very limited supply. The fridge is well stocked with soft drinks and local beer. If you feel like a puff, just ask for Chantal in another lounge (paid for entry, I think) just down the stairs.

Boarding commenced as per schedule with a short bus ride to the aircraft.

Unlike other AF B777 variants, this one had no Première and the J cabin was configured 2-3-2 compared to 1-2-1 which I have seen but unfortunately not experienced on a flight from Japan. Quite a substantial difference.

I had an aisle seat in row 3 and the cabin was full, whereas the outbound flight in Premium Economy was virtually empty.

With a glass of Champagne I passed the time during the boarding delay compiling a playlist. A very handsome blue suede amenity kit with the usual contents was provided.

Take-off was at 23:35.

The seat is extremely comfortable at full stretch, although taller passengers may find the footwell restrictive.

After foie gras for starter I was nearly full and my first choice of chicken fillet with onions and olives was not available on my side but the FA quickly asked his colleague on the other aisle. No problem.

Coffee and a very generous Cognac…and I fell asleep listening to Alicia Keys.

An excellent continental breakfast was served before touchdown at CDG at 06:35, 30 minutes behind schedule. A very short 5-hour flight.

A very brisk walk to catch the 07:50 to Amsterdam departing from 2F!

8/10

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls