Feedback on Air France A340 Premium Economy?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

Good day BT, and a Merry christmas to all!

Asking on behalf of a friend: Opinions on AF’s Premium Economy offering on their A340s? He’s looking to fly DTW-CDG on the said aircraft (as that’s the best deal he’s getting). We couldn’t find any online reviews. The best I got was youtube video which was a walkthrough of the A340 but they just pass through the PE cabin in a few seconds, nothing more.

cheers,
    V

capetonianm
    Participant

Haven’t used it but a friend who is a frequent and discriminating traveler has, on the 777s, and says it’s very good, compares it favourably with Lufthansa for quality and value. Transit at CDG is horrible but for that route there is no transit.

bluemooner
    Participant

Used Premium Economy on A380 Paris to Johannesburg. The only slight negative is that I found the seat not as soft and padded as I would have liked. Otherwise everything else was good. I think the seat on the A340 is same as the A380.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Thank you very much for the feedback! Turns out he got a great deal for PE on AF’s A380 LAX-CDG. He’s read the reviews and is all good.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Seat is not very good, and unless you friend gets the first raw, doesn’t offer much legroom (it slides so recline comes at the cost of legroom). Better privacy than eco, and I think better food. But it offers fast track all the way and a great transit at CDG, when applicable.

capetonianm: Transit at CDG improved massively a couple of years ago to become in my view the second best hub (when flying AF) after LHR T5.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls