Air France A320

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

In late February 2016 I travelled from Paris (CDG) to Prague with Air France in economy class. This trip originated in London and this was a connecting flight. Departure for the Prague flight was from Gate F47; which was almost immediately above one of the Air France lounges (which I have reviewed separately as part of a London-Paris flight). The aircraft was an Airbus A320. There was a polite welcome onboard. We were sitting in seats 25A and 25B, which are standard economy seats. Legroom was fairly tight but the row is aligned with the windows and these seem to be fairly standard economy seats. The captain made a short announcement at 13:20: the flight would be delayed for about 10 minutes because not all of the catering had been loaded and the flight time was 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Push back was just before 1:30pm. The pursuer (Natalie) made an announcement shortly afterwards. There was then a manual safety demonstration. Take off was at 13:36 with a good view over CDG – including two Qatar aircraft and an Air France A380, which looked very majestic from the air. At almost 2pm exactly we were served small sandwiches (a choice of turkey or cheese) and drinks. The usual range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks were available. The sandwich was passable, but not as good or as fresh tasting as the equivalent I'd recently being served on KLM short haul. I opted for a white wine (Famille Castel Chardonnay 2014), which was fine.

At 14:30 there was an announcement to say that we had commenced our descent. The rest of the flight was otherwise uneventful. At 14:45 there was another announcement to state that we would be landing shortly. Landing was at 15:55 and was very smooth. We used one of the gates almost immediately below the Prague Airport observation deck. The temperature was 0C on arrival. Our bag was already on the carousel with the priority tag intact when we arrived at baggage reclaim, which was impressive as this was a Schengen arrival (i.e. no passport control) and it had been a relatively short walk from the aircraft. In summary, this was another decent flight with Air France and I would consider travelling with them again (provided the price was right).

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Aspirational Flyer can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls