Air Canada passenger conflict over window blinds

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• TemboCanada
    Participant

Thank you very much everyone!

It’s fantastic to see so much support for keeping the blinds open and the beautiful sights mother nature presents to us, even at cruise altitude.

I started a thread on this in the Air Canada Aeroplan section of Flyer Talk Forum and it has degenerated into downright nastiness!

Hi Tembo11

Here’s a related thread which I am sure you will enjoy:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/3-cities,-landscapes,-monuments-you-love-flying-above

Edited: link does not appear to work, but it’s the last topic on page 3 of Miscellaneous!

Papillion53
    Participant

I love looking out the window, I am never failed to be amazed with Mother Nature’s beauty, but I also love flying over landmarks I know well. Thanks for the link to those stunning photos BigDog.

I always seem to pick the “wrong” side of the aircraft flying into ABZ – or we come in over the sea or usually out of low cloud! But on the odd occasion I’ve got it right and the weather is clear and we take a lovely tour over Bennachie, I get excited every time to see our home – I know exactly what you meant Canucklad when you said this too!

When I recently booked our seat with CX on the phone, the lady was quite surprised I didn’t want two seats together in the middle! I do like to be in control of the window blinds, and of course, if the DH is somewhat separated from me, I can deny all ownership in case of any snoring issues! 😉

I personally find the idiot who falls asleep leaving all his overhead lights on a bigger nuisance than someone with an open window blind. But, that’s what the eye shades are for!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree Papillion about people leaving all the lights on. A real nuisance!

Personally I want the blinds up all the time, and like at home I also sleep with the curtains open so I can enjoy daylight breaking through, but on a plane I’m conscious of my neighbours, though they rarely reciprocate I must say.

Flying JNB FRA where you arrive in total darkness, I don’t understand why the FA’s insist on closing the blinds despite my asking them not to. They close, I open, then another FA closes and I reopen etc?

Across the Atlantic I don’t mind the blinds being closed, as they were on the daylight section of my flight from FRA to JFK, but as soon as we hit the Canadian coast up they went – or at least one did – as I find it fascinating to look at the frozen lakes, roads etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls