Air Canada Business Class – B777-300ER & B787-900

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• DAVID
    Participant

After a hiatus of a couple of years it is a real pleasure to be back on Business Traveller, reading through the excellent editorial content and perusing the great contributions of its readers in this forum. Wonderful to see so many familiar names still involved! My ‘old’ name was Home@FL350 and now I am Home@FL370 (in the spirit of transparency – and acknowledgement of a compromised email account and lost password!).

A quick starter…

I am off to Santiago, Chile next week and am flying Air Canada’s new(ish?) business class on their 777-300ER from Europe to Toronto and then the B787-900 from Toronto to Santiago. Have any of you had experience on this product; any comments to share? I rather enjoyed a quick return (upper deck) on Lufthansa’s B747-800 a couple of weeks ago to Mexico City and in general, am curious how the Air Canada seat compares with LH’s (and of course BA’s, which many of us on this forum know well).

Thank you!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Home@FL370 – irrespective of Air Canada (who I do not fly), welcome back and nice to see you have grown by 2000′ 🙂

Window-seat
    Participant

I’m flying 773 to Calgary next week – would be interested to hear peoples thoughts.

summerfly
    Participant

Aircanada J class varies depending on aircraft type, however I believe the 773s have been retrofitted with the new J seat found on the 789 – which is reverse herringbone layout. I flew last year to Toronto in J on 789 and it was really enjoyable. Good food, friendly, attentive service and a comfortable flat bed (though it’s not the longest and lower leg area is boxed in). Despite this I found it to be one of the better business class products and would definitely fly with them again.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I see KLM have return Business class ex AMS (Paid in Euros), for E 1,997 return. It has one stop in Buenos Aries outwards, looping then back via Santaigo and direct to Amsterdam. Excellent World Business Cabins and seating on 773’s and a great deal.
    Flights from any of their UK Airports meaning an £89 return, and easy connection at Schiphol, one of the best in Europe.
    Of course you can book ex LHR on KLM Business, but it will cost another £500 on top, I find the KLM flights from Amsterdam save
    £4-500 a trip paid in Euros still.

Be interesting to see your reviews on the different Airlines if you travel on this route regularly.

Window-seat
    Participant

Just flown LHR to YYC on 773 in the new J, very nice product, good food and lovely crew!

Broadgate
    Participant

Unlike most contributors to the forum, my wife and I fly long haul perhaps twice a year as leisure travellers at our own expense. We have flown with quite a few different carriers, and much prefer the Middle Eastern or Asian airlines, BA has become a disaster on all fronts I’m sad to say.
    Last month we flew with Air Canada from LHR to Vancouver in their 777 and it was a very good experience all round. Left on time, a warm welcome from a friendly crew, good food and an OK entertainment offering. A 1 2 1 configuration, we sat in the middle seats which were very comfortable. The CSD came round and shook hands with each passenger before we left the aircraft, and our priority tagged luggage came off first. We look forward to returning to London from Calgary on Sunday in their Dreamliner.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Did a quick hop across the pond with AC recently, on the 789 and was impressed by the product/service (premium eco) – didn’t like the look of the Y cabin, though, pretty cramped.

The only downside (as mentioned on another thread) was the extremely long walk on arrival at at T2 LHR – that would be a deal breaker for me, in the future.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls