Air Berlin A330-200 (Config. 2) Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

MargaretByrne
    Participant

After reading many reviews I was dreading the flight from Abi Dhabi to Phuket. On entering the airplane was pleased enough by the space between the seats as I was expecting worse.

Staff were pleasant enough until an old dragon moved into our section and had a face on her that was totally unapproachable, she was older that the other staff and the smile they had when we entered was soon gone. This same staff member managed on a 7hr flight to knock the trolly into our seats 5 times and never apologised, also banged the man in the seat on the opposite aisle 5 times as he was so tall his leg was falling into the aisle. He must of been black and blue. She woke a man in front of us to see if he wanted tea/coffee and when he said pardon her answer was “are you not listening to me, tea or coffee” I have never met any one as rude in all my life, the food tray was handed to you over the head of the people sitting in front of you!

The sound on the movies was so bad we couldn’t hear anything and gave up trying to watch. The staff then dissapeared for hrs, and people were getting up in droves for a glass of water after about 3hrs of seeing nobody. Our cases when we got them were damaged and badly cracked. One case was over 8yrs and has been all over the world and no damage, the other one was new and all the hard plastic on the inside rims of the cases were in bits!!

The return flight was an adventure on it’s own, one drunk passenger allowed on board, opened a bottle of whiskey and drank the bottle in the first hour, hit the woman in front of him on the back of her head, spent the rest of the flight using bad language and singing and waving his arms about until he fell asleep. The only response was to ask him to stay quite! Then another man started shouting at the woman in front because she let her seat back, another man started fighting with a member of staff a few rows ahead of us! It was the most stressful flight I have even been on, the drunk should not of been allowed to board the plane.

The staff on the return flight were very nice and friendly, no sign of the dragon thank god. Food was same old same oh, I will never fly Air Berlin again due to the negative staff member, seats that wouldn’t recline, movies you can not hear, and the state of my cases on arrival. We though both of our flights out and back were with Ethiad, very pleased to continue our journey with Ethiad.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls