Air Algerie plane missing: Third crash in a week?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Just got news that an Air Algerie MD-82 has been reported missing and in all likelihood has crashed. With the Trans Asia crash yesterday and MH17 that makes 3 crashes in 2 weeks. Lets hope this does not effect the airline industry too badly.

nibbler
    Participant

I assume you mean Trans Asia not Air Asia

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

Indeed not a good time for the airline industry.

millionmiler
    Participant

Not a good spell for the airline industry… makes you think twice about getting on to an aircraft…..
    Thoughts and prayers to all of those loved and lost and to all that are left behind….

Sorry nibbler your right, Trans Asia is what I was getting at.

BigDog.
    Participant

Aircraft wreckage found by French soldiers…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28465010

Bath_VIP
    Participant

The irony is that about a week before, Flight magazine ran an article highlighting how safe 2014 had been with no fatal airliner accidents.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

We all fly south next week. Kids worried about their plane crashing or being blown up as we are flying over Africa. Not helped by the papers showing all conflict zones and areas where US planes are banned from flying with just two narrow corridors in Africa neither of which Swiss (or other airlines) pass through.

Must admit I’m a bit worried as well as we’re travelling on separate days for “operational” reasons, ie. Mrs. LP muddled up the dates!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls