Aer Lingus connections from Europe in J at favourable prices

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I’ve been connecting to NYC from Switzerland in Y+ and J during the last 12 months.

Skyscanner has been my main guide and this far have managed quite a few favourable trips (usually in Y+) via FCO, CDG, LON and MAD depending on timing etc.

However, for the first time EI have popped up with a great J Cabin price (bookable on Mytrip.com) for Euro 1400.

Has anyone else noticed this? in the past EI was never competitive but for circa Eurp 1400 return, I may be tempted.

Any idea will I get BA Tier points? [EI flight code and metal]

first_class_please
    Participant

You get Avios (miles) but no Tier Points on Aer Lingus as not a full Oneworld Member.

kevin46
    Participant

Always do your research before using those ‘favourable’ travel sites that Skyscanner sends you to. https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k8166263-o20-Mytrip_com-Air_Travel.html

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=842979]Always do your research before using those ‘favourable’ travel sites that Skyscanner sends you to.
    [/quote]

Dead right. I wouldn’t touch most of the websites that Skyscanner suggests with a bargepole. I occasionally check Skyscanner but only to tell me which airline is cheapest: I then go directly to the website of that airline to book my flights.

capetonianm
    Participant

Completely agree about Skyscanner, it’s a wonderful tool for decision support but you need to be seriously careful about some of the sites it refers you to.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Many Thanks for the feedback

I do note however that on different days, the same fare is offered by Ebookers and I beleieve these guys are quite credible.. I have used them a few times before and had no issue.

kevin46
    Participant

Caveat Emptor 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls