Advice if you are travelling to Vietnam

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

I travel to Vietnam every month and last time there I noticed a change at immigration. at SGN airport if you are arriving using either the 15-day visa free scheme or the Visa on arrival service they are now asking for a copy of your return flight booking.

I was not affected as I have a multi entry business Visa but my colleagues using the 15-day option and many passengers on the flight who were visa on arrival were all refused at the desk which led to a lot of people scrabbling in their bags or rooting through phones.

So, if you are planning to go I advise printing out your return booking just in case.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Good advice Steve. This is also the case for South Africa, though it is very rarely enforced.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Philippines too,though PNR is ok if has return flight on it and airlines don’t let you fly there without a return ticket.

stevescoots
    Participant

I always have a printed out copy of any flight or hotel booking, I am rather old school. however I am surprised the amount of people who rely just on their Phones for everything

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=852102]I always have a printed out copy of any flight or hotel booking, I am rather old school. however I am surprised the amount of people who rely just on their Phones for everything
    [/quote]

I’m the same Steve, car hire, hotels, plane ticket and boarding pass. Has happened that the phone goes flat or in retrieving it you need 3G and thus a horrendous roaming charge. Despite telling them, my boys never print anything – for environmental reasons they say – and just rely on their phones. I’m just waiting for the experience that will teach them to become “old school” like us as well. 😉

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

I find the fact that people are travelling without their confirmation/documents simply unbelievable.

K1ngston
    Participant

I am exactly the same Steve, religiously print out everything before leaving on a trip. You just don’t know when you are going to need something …

If I’m not mistaken you have always needed to show some form of evidence when flying to Vietnam or is it Dhaka?? With Dhaka everyone is gratefully showing the border police when they intend to be leaving!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls