Advice needed on lounge options in LHR T2 for oneworld sapphire

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

Hi folks,

I fly BA SEA-LHR on Club World landing at 7am (this is first week of May). I have a separate Economy ticket at 330pm same day on Austrian to Vienna (I have no mileage status on Star Alliance).

On arrival into LHR, I’ll head to the Arrivals Lounge and freshen up.

I have a couple of questions on what to do next:
    1. Can I check in (my baggage) to Austrian asap (and not have to lug it around)?
    2. Any (free) Lounge options for AA Plat (oneworld Sapphire) in T2 (should I decide to go through T2 Security check early enough) As per the Aer Lingus site (my closest bet), looks like I can’t use their lounge.

Whiling away my time in the T5 BA Arrivals Lounge isn’t an option. Wild horses couldn’t keep me in there for more than an hour (and that includes a legendarily long hot shower)!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I’m not aware of a complimentary lounge for OW Sapphire in T2, this may be worth a look, though it is not free

https://www.plaza-network.com/location_detail?city=London#

MarkivJ
    Participant

Thanks FDOS. I had a look at that as well, which is why I posted earlier “free” lounge access! 😉

FDOS_UK
    Participant

You could also consider a schlep across to the Yotel, in T4 landside – not free, either, but you could rest up, shower etc and they used to do free coffee (but it’s been a while since I stayed there). They bill in blocks of hours (4 minimum) IIRC.

http://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/london-heathrow-airport

I’m not sure where you are based, so will point out that there is a free train connection to T4, but it is a bit of a faff.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Thanks sir, I’ll look into Yotel.

Based on my current research, I will most likely freshen up at the Arrivals Hall, hopefully check in my luggage to Austrian and hop on the Piccadilly Line to somewhere near Hounslow, walk around for a bit and then return for my flight.

I’m based in the Seattle area (Redmond) (originally, a Zambia-bred Indian, been living in the US for the last 2 decades). I rarely travel on business, much less business class. But I do have some business travel in my new role (I’m not complaining). Most of my business travel outside the US takes me to Israel and Hyderabad (India). I prefer LHR as a transit only because I love coming to London any number of times!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

OK – for a slightly longer ride on the Piccadilly Line ( 35 mins v 12 mins to Hounslow Central), you could get to Hammersmith, which is true London and (at least in my opinion) has a little bit more of a vibe than Hounslow (though there is nothing wrong with it, it has a decent town centre to look around).

https://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/hammersmith-area-guide

Whatever you do, I hope you have a great trip.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Did you book the BA flight using avios? If not, would it not have been better to book a through ticket on BA for the lot in Club+Club Europe with only a few hours connection, most likely would have been cheaper as well.
    Not sure what you would do at LHR for 8 hours, but you would get anything in T2 even if you were gold status.
    ….I would upgrade the OS ticket,for an earlier flight, and go into any one of the Star Alliance lounges on offer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls