Accomodation options in Phuket

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve never been but a friend of mine stays at the Amanpuri for two months every year. He says it’s fabulous so maybe worth checking out.

thebigseats
    Participant

I think you will find that the OP has said that they will not be paying the kind of (e.g. far too high!) rates that Amanpuri charges! For those kind of prices Trisara is the only place to be, IMHO!

Swissdiver
    Participant

I should have seen this post a couple of weeks ago, as I’ve just booked a hotel in Phuket… I had two criteria:
    – On the beach (not close to!)
    – Bungalow or villa (if there is a difference between the two

I found only one that was meeting my two criteria, although I am sure many more exist. So here it is: Naka Island. I am reasonably optimistic, but would be very happy nevertheless to read any comment…

thebigseats
    Participant

On-beach Villas are very hard to come by in Phuket as all beaches are (IIRC) publicly owned & the current government are cracking down (rightly so) on the many unauthorised structures that blighted the beaches. Cannot comment on Naka Island but hope that you enjoy it.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls