A thank you note

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Goldielox
    Participant

My husband and I have just returned from a trip abroad where we were staying with his boss and family. I would like to send a thank you card for all the wonderful time we had and the effort both he and his wife made to make our trip so fantastic. His wife also took time off work to take me and my son out shopping and sightseeing as well taking us out for dinner and cooking us some wonderful meals. I am not one for words in these matters, if I was at home and been staying with friends it would be nothing more than a quick text. I have tried to find a simple thank you card but all are very basic or blank. I am unsure how to structure the note and what to write, I would really appreciate some guidance in completing this.

Many Thanks.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

CXDiamond. 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Goldielox. I had to smile at CX’s reply but probably not what you wanted.

How’s this?

Dear xx,

Just a short note to thank you and your husband for the kindness and hospitality shown to us while we stayed with you last week/month etc.

The time you took to entertain xx (your son’s name) and myself by showing us around xx (city) was especially appreciated and greatly contributed to making our stay a very enjoyable one.

I hope we can welcome you to our home in the not too distant future,
    With our very best wishes,
    Yours sincerely,

Goldielox.

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

Who was that semi posh woman in the newspaper who got quite upset her son’s (step-son’s?) girlfriend slept in late during a weekend visit and didn’t write her a thank you note?

Poshgirl58
    Participant

Goldielox, I agree that most of the thank you cards in the shops are not suitable. My suggestion is to buy a blank card from an arts range (Lings, Woodmansterne, etc) and use the words suggested by LuganoPirate. Or get a customized card from Funky Pigeon (other card companies available!). You could supply a photo of somewhere you have visited in the UK on a fine sunny day, or your garden.

lloydah
    Participant

Or go into an independant art shop and buy one of those rather special hand made cards. They’re usually blank. Lugano’s words are exactly what you want.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls