100 Best Airport Lounges worldwide

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

• EU_Flyer
    Participant

Great to see the Goldair Handling Lounge (Extra-Schengen) at Athens in there. It’s probably the only lounge at Athens Airport which resembles the type of quality we see in Asia and ME lounges particularly. It’s quite comfortable.

Aegean Airlines has just opened a new lounge in Terminal A for Extra-Schengen flights which is pretty good and finally Star Alliance passengers have their own lounge there! That said, there isn’t a oneworld or Skyteam airline lounge there.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=857951]Strange Tom because I nominated the T5 Concorde Room in my post on 1st March.[/quote]

You did – sorry about that. Missed it – I will add….

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Late to the party, but the Bidvest Premier lunge in JNB’s domestic departures terminal really surprised me: excellent food.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I can understand why the lunge surprised you !

thank you, Tom

BAGoldcard
    Participant

[quote quote=858214]Great to see the Goldair Handling Lounge (Extra-Schengen) at Athens in there. It’s probably the only lounge at Athens Airport which resembles the type of quality we see in Asia and ME lounges particularly. It’s quite comfortable.[/quote]

Yes, it is a great lounge for a pay as you go European lounge.

I am another + 1 for the LHR 5 CCR.

The JFK CCR is nice and I like the service but the wine and champagne are really sub standard for BA’s second most important lounge.

John
    Participant

Turkish Airlines lounge in Istanbul. Visually stunning and a Great choice of lounges and seats, food stations, papers and drinks. Only downside is no champagne.

w8ster
    Participant

My top 5 are

1. Cathay Pacific The Bridge (HKG)
    2. Virgin Atlantic (LHR)
    3. Cathay Pacific (LHR) both First and Business
    4. United Airlines T2 (LHR)
    5. Turkish (IST)

Extremely surprised Cathay LHR didn’t make the list and NO1 Heathrow did… tried SIA lounge at LHR and was extremely disappointed..

I can’t wait to try the new Cathay lounge in HKG The Deck..

w8ster
    Participant

Agreed United T2 surprised me and decent Champagne.. I was flying Turkish and thought SQ lounge would be my best bet but food and drinks there disappoint me.. they told me proseccco only before 6 (it was 4) ? .. walked out and went to United and loved that massive long bar serving champagne…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not exactly first world problems, but sitting in the Pier gate 64 at HKG & very disappointed with the catering in the restaurant. OK, I am a fussy eater but in the past I have always had a very enjoyable meal and the chef’s would always create something.. However the current offering has a disappointing feel for me and I was told in no uncertain terms, ONLY what’s on the menu.

As I said, not first world issues… but the change of caterers (3rd in a couple of years) and cut back in costs certainly shows.

I am sure some of you will disagree, but here’s the menu anyway…

icenspice
    Participant

Apologies if the Delta Sky Club at Narita T1 has already been mentioned.

Easy to locate, a wonderful perfume in the air on entering, super polite reception staff and very spacious.

I sat at one of the high tables, enjoyed a delicious bowl of mushroom soup and some rice. I then made a perfect Bloody Mary (I really do surprise myself sometimes). The simple things in life…

It was early afternoon and even though it was cloudless, it wasn’t too bright inside….which I like.

I had borrowed an adapter at reception to quickly charge my phone but didn’t return it in my rush to have a smoke before boarding my Aeroflot flight in economy 😊 via Sheremetyevo 😣. Last to board again.

The visit was too short and on my next trip to the US, I will definitely have a look at Delta for the first time.

esselle
    Participant

I know that the AF La Premiere lounge at Roissy is already on the list, but my visit there last week confirms, to me at least, that it offer hands down the best dining experience of any lounge I have ever visited.

TominScotland
    Participant

I have had occasion to use the large non-Schengen KLM Crown Lounge on a number of occasions recently. It is a huge space but often very crowded and some of the seating is designed for visual but not comfort effect!!

However, I must complement the imaginative and varied catering within the main lounge (not the pay for facility upstairs). The choice of dishes varies greatly and includes some of the best lounge food I have sampled. My recent highlights (probably not to everyone’s taste!!) include

* Beluga lentil salad with feta cheese
    * Three different types of roast cauliflower, carved to order by a charming lady
    * Roast celariac, likewise carved to order
    * To-die-for ‘Day’ Beetroot juice (and other 100% fruit juices)
    * An amazing range of fresh rolls, crispbread and rusks to enjoy with the cheeses

Just a few example of unexpected items that appealed to me. In 3 mid-day visits recently, the choices have never been the same which is also a real bonus.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls