100 Best Airport Lounges worldwide

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)

• LadyLlondon
    Participant

The United Lounge at LHR T2. This surprised me. In the USA I am not a fan of any of the UA lounges. LHR T2 United Lounge has great coffee, orange juice and freshly cooked and properly cooked bacon at breakfast time. The very long bar is also nice.

Other than that, TK Istanbul lounge.

SQ First lounge in SIN. But the Business Class lounge of SQ in SIN also beats some First Class lounges. A while since I’ve been in those though someone else may have a newer report.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

the BA Lounge in Concourse D at Dubai, but this may be more to do with champagne availability after many weeks in Saudi Arabia

The Qantas Lounge in London is great & I like the BA B-Gates Lounge is great, always quiet (just sometimes involves a punt that your flight is leaving from B or C Gates)

The lounge Qatar use in Changi (forget the name) is downright bloody awful

BAGoldcard
    Participant

With BA closing its OK lounge at Athens airport, the new contract lounge is the Skyserv Handling Services – Aristotle Onassis. Was quite good prior to accepting BA passembers but definitely taken a turn for the worse. Poor.

Thanks to Priority Pass, I have been able to access this lounge: Athens International Airport (Extra Schengen) (http://www.goldair-handling.gr/en/pages/lounge)

Selection of decent hot food, cold items and salads, reasonable wine (red, white and rose IIRC) as well as a good range of local and international spirits. I think Metaxa brandy is 7 star, while the above lounge has 3 star – great with cola.

Clean, well maintained, WCs inside, PCs, Wi-Fi and comfortable seats.

You can pay to get in as well as use if you have a Priority Pass or are travelling on a few airlines.

K1ngston
    Participant

Last week I was in the ANA First Class Lounge at Handeda Airport in Tokyo and the place was amazing! Almost A la Carte breakfast and at 6.50am they were running around offering people not only Champagne but Habiki Japanese Whiskey which if you are familiar with your whiskey’s is amazing … however not at 6.50am albeit amazed how many people were having a dram!!

I am back there in a couple of weeks for an afternoon flight back to SIN I will check it out again for sure

thebigseats
    Participant

Best:
    CX J & F Lounges at HKG – especially the Pier – superb F & B, & perfect decor.
    QR Al Safwa at DOH – supremely quiet & spacious.
    LH F lounge/terminal at FRA – an all rounder.

Worst:
    Plaza Premium at MCT – a crowded, dark, hell hole.
    ANA First Lounge at NRT – depressing & certainly NOT First Class!
    Thai Airways Business Lounge at BKK – hell, no. Never.

Honorary worst nomination – BA CCR LHR – sorry, but it just doesn’t “do it”!!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=846259]Last week I was in the ANA First Class Lounge at Handeda Airport in Tokyo and the place was amazing! Almost A la Carte breakfast and at 6.50am they were running around offering people not only Champagne but Habiki Japanese Whiskey which if you are familiar with your whiskey’s is amazing … however not at 6.50am albeit amazed how many people were having a dram!!
    I am back there in a couple of weeks for an afternoon flight back to SIN I will check it out again for sure
    [/quote]

Thank you.

I’m visiting KL on Tuesday with MAS but I think its lounge there is being refurbished at the moment, so I’ll miss seeing how that one has improved. Good idea of lounges (and airlines) to celebaret the products of their country – I’ve never had Japanese whiskey so will try it when the opportunity presents itself.

K1ngston
    Participant

Tom, I highly recommend Japanese Whiskey if you like your Single Malts …. Hibiki 12 is one of my personal favourites (within budget) and 21 if someone is mad enough to have spent the ridiculous amount to obtain it ….

However there are a plethora of Japanese Whiskeys and of course Sake (just dont get me started on the Sake) just ask Martyn!!!

Hope you make it to Tokyo soon, an amazing city full of amazing people with a culture and customs that fascinate me

Waddsey1
    Participant

I would recommend:

Cathay Pacific the Pier First Class Lounge, Hong Kong (simply wonderful)
    Qantas First Class lounge at Sydney (superb spa)
    BA lounge at Washington Dulles (wish the UK lounges could be like this)

Sanran
    Participant

Top Three:
    – The Club at Changi Airport in Singapore
    – First class lounge for StarAlliance at terminal E in Zurich
    – First class Terminal in Frankfurt

A special mention to the Marco Polo one in Venice Airport. They made it very classy, but food is a bit average.
    And one to the SIA one in Jakarta, just a bit smallish.

norbert2008
    Participant

Well Frankfurt should not count as its a Terminal but amazing….had to drag me to the car.

All CX Hong Kong, just great, 1st and Biz, lovely feeling of space.

IST just mind blowing for a long stay, loads of things to eat and spaces to sit, fab drinks selection too.

No votes for Air France 1st lounge CDG?

Who will be the first with a caviar/oyster service? Only asking……..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=846292]Who will be the first with a caviar/oyster service? Only asking……..[/quote]

Yes please.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

My 5 drachmas worth…

GOOD: The Brussels Airlines main Schengen Lounge at Brussels Airport. Largish with great tarmac views and super comfy armchairs by the windows with power. Decent food, drink and wifi and a nice feel generally. Didn’t try the showers. I would rate this as one of Europe’s better lounges.

The UA and LH lounges at LHR T2 are also very good.

ABSOLUTELY AWFUL & WORTHY OF A UN RESOLUTION TO HAVE IT SHUT DOWN: The SQ Krisflyer Gold Lounges at Changi. Universally poor across all terminals and an embarrassment to SQ at their home hub. Average food, totally uncomfortable seating arranged like a bus station, no power points, no showers (for a hub airline!!!!???!!!), no privacy, no space and no peace and quiet. It’s the first time I have left an airline lounge to the use a Priority Pass option (SATS lounge next door which was much better). This is SQ loudly saying to Gold Card holders in Y and Y+ “we simply don’t value you”.

Andy/Thailand
    Participant

Worst 1, Ethiopian business lounge Addis Abba
    2, Thai business lounge Bangkok – For there home port the lounges look and feel tired and old.
    3, Roberts International Airport Monrovia – A joke room for about 12 people and food and drink selection very poor.

K1ngston
    Participant

+1 Alex_F I totally agree with you, its a mighty FU to everyone who is not Business or PPS

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

I rather like the Miracle Lounge near D6 at BKK – it’s a big space, nicely divided into areas and rarely seems busy. Food is ok, drink good but the washrooms are excellent. Spacious and immaculately clean.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls