Yay. Flying J on the new 380

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Doctor TOH and I booked a brace of those BOGOF Qatar Airways biz class tickets, when they did the offer early this year.

To Sri Lanka, via Doha. And I’ve just discovered that the Boeing 777 on the London-Doha leg will be replaced for our flight with the new A380.

Result.

It’s an A321 for the onward flight to Sri Lanka, though. That’s going to seem like a come-down.

(Just read the BT review of the Qatar 380, as well – even better)

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/qatar-airways/t-and-t-qatar-airways-a380-business-class

esselle
    Participant

What good luck!! Actually, the QR A321 seating is pretty nice too, on top of which they will serve you Krug……

Travellator
    Participant

Esselle

Do you mean Vintage Krug ?????????????????

esselle
    Participant

SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!

You’ll get told off.

Actually, last time I flew QR on a 320 it was AUH-DOH, and I was the only consumer of alcohol; they opened a bottle of Krug just for me, and I had three glasses on the +/- 45 minute flight.

As we were taxiing in to the terminal, I watched with horror as the flight attendant poured the rest of the bottle down the sink in the loo!!

Am I the only poster never to have knocked back a glass of Krug?

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

No you’ re not Alexpo1! Dom yes. Krug, I live in hope.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Me neither Alexpo. Mine is Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle, or Louis Roederer Crystal. I’ve never been on an airline that serves that, but Swiss does serve the Laurent Perrier.

Have a great trip ToH and look forward to hear how it went on the 380.

esselle
    Participant

I am not really a big champagne guy; I much prefer good white burgundy. But, forget Krug, DP, etc. The one that blew me away was Pol CSWC. Totally extraordinary, and as rare as hen’s teeth.

Enjoy the QR 380 TOH. Let us know how it goes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls