Vietnam Airlines A330-200

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Vietnam Airlines Business Class is extremely inexpensive and well worth the price.
    Note though the lounge in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) is very depressing and the food in the lounge is very "unusual".
    Once on board, the Airbus A330 was looking tired but everything worked well including my Business Class seat. It doesn't go completely flat, it's a bit like the old Qantas Sleeper seat, but it was adequate and comfortable and I even managed to sleep on my side so it was well cushioned.
    The service was excellent, warm and friendly, newspapers, champagne and an amenity kit on boarding and a good choice of Western or Asian dishes on the menu. Wine was limited but of good quality.
    The food was very well presented, tablecloths, crockery etc.
    The food was very tasty and I have had a lot worse on other airlines, staff again were attentive and professional throughout the flight and always visible or there when you needed them.
    Movie choice was limited but the screens were big and of high quality.
    The Airbus A330, although old, had mood lighting which really added to the relaxing Vietnamese ambience.
    I believe that Vietnam Airlines are about to acquire new Airbus A350 and B787's with flat beds. On this basis I would rate the airline very highly and would use them as an alternative to Europe in the future from Sydney for example to Paris or London.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user RichardForeman can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls