Turkish Airlines B777-300ER

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Turkish Airlines economy
    We were due to fly with British Airways to Istanbul from Heathrow Terminal 5.

The flight was cancelled with 90 minutes notice on this Friday morning.

I had just flown in from Washington DC via Frankfurt, connecting into Heathrow Terminal 2 and then taking the Heathrow Express to T5 when I discovered this.

I went to the First area (I’ve got a gold card) and with a business colleague managed to secure a seat in economy on a Turkish Airlines flight departing at 1135 (ish).

We then went back to T2, checked in our bags, and then made our way directly to the Gate where there was no delay in boarding.

We sat in the second row from the front of the last cabin in economy. The seat was comfortable, there was plenty of leg room, power for the seat so I could charge my mobile phone and a great choice of programmes on the IFE.

We had a good meal served during the flight (hot) and some snacks and two drink services, and the young staff were great.

The flight was only round three hours, so it was good to be on a long haul aircraft for this.

We left via stairs to a bus, but immigration was pretty quick and the bags came after about a 10-minute wait.

It’s the first time I’ve flown with Turkish – I was very pleasantly surprised.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 102 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls