Turkish Airlines B737-800

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Our flight was pretty good overall as one would expect from a very large and recognised international airline.

My grumbles are primarily with the business class space and layout.

Given that the flight was over 4 hours long I had expected perhaps a dedicated business class environment as opposed to the standard economy 3×3 seating with the middle seat still there albeit that the arm rests from either side had been extended over slightly to create more room.

Leg room was acceptable however, a little more would have been appreciated.

Food and drink service was prompt and efficient with champagne available upon request and of which I enjoyed a few glasses.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Jean-Paul can be found here

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Maybe your flight was on a B737 not fitted with the new business class seating.

According to seatplans.com Turkish Airlines provides a separate business class cabin with proper 2-2 seating on B737-800 aircraft.

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/turkish-airlines/b737-800-28/b737-800-28-business-50

The new seating is also installed on B737-900ER aircraft.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/press-room/press-releases/press-release-detail/turkish-airlines-debuts-new-boeing-737-8-and-737-9ers-featuring-the-sky-interior

Alexthegreat
    Participant

Not so long ago I flew TK into Istanbul Sabiha and out of Istanbul Ataturk – both on 737-800. The aircraft into Sabiha had the standard 3 x 3 seating with the middle seat kept free in Business Class and out of Ataturk we had the proper TK Business Class seats with dedicated cabin. The meal/bar service was the same on both flights. I asked a cabin crew why the difference and I was told that aircraft operating to/from Sabiha had this 3 x 3 product and Ataturk was more important of the two airports – I guess a bit like LHR vs LGW

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls