Thai Smile A320 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

BKK – Krabi southWest Province of Thiland, has 4 THai Airways flights a day.

Warning:
    Some of these are listed as “Thai Smile”.
    They maybe 25% cheaper, but you are going low cost, though it is owned and run by Thai.

Check in and boarding at BKK done by Thai Airways, and they will charge extra for over luggage allowances.

I have taken many low cost carriers, but the seats on this new A320-200 were extremely cramped. I would say 28-29 inches only, at 5 ft 9 my legs were jammed to the seat oin front. The velcro cushion was digging in on the base as it was not put on right/ fitting. The flight was full with rows 30+ to 59 only…?

Music was blasting out of the speakers through the plane, better suited to a teenage birthday party, with boy bands, and very annoying to many people.
    Screens every 5 rows came down to show cheap tacky clown like US TV of tricks in the street, pretty stupid and mind numbing noise again blaring out through the flight.
    You could not speak to the person next to you and be heard!

A “chicken meat croissant” and glass bottle of water handed out in a plastic bag..which i gave back, was on offer for the 1.10 hr flight.

Hot drinks were luke warm, bad coffee which i also left.

I could not wait to get off! I would NEVER choose such an aircraft with basic and cramped seats. Ryanair, Easyjey and Aur Asia have much better seat room, and better quality food and drink, and do not Blare music few people like, at you even when landing.

Use Thai proper,old but better Aircraft for the other 2 flights a day, the 777 and A333 flights at other times, but you pay a little more but it is worth it.
    A great mistake, and i would not recommend them at all. New, and they haven’t got the balance right.
    Bangkok Airways, or Air Asia are far better for the same price.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls