Swiss A330-300 First

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

This was a transit flight so I can’t comment on check-in.

The lounge, at least at first sight, is disappointing. The view is obscured by large pipes running past the windows and the room can fill quickly. The drinks selection seems poor but then you realise that the bar is not in the lounge but in the dining room. Then once there are no seats left, desperation makes people look a bit further to discover that there are in fact three lounges but the staff happily let everyone crush into one.

Swiss miss a trick on boarding. On arriving at the lounge you are advised when your shuttle will leave. This is a mini bus shared by you and your fellow passengers which takes you to the relevant terminal and then leaves you in the middle of the crowd to find your own gate. Up to this point Lufthansa beats Swiss easily.

The seat is comfortable and the cabin light and airy. Boarding drinks, amuse bouche and hot towels are dispensed before take off. However, after take off your main course selection is requested and the next thing you know a table cloth is being laid. No drinks. I insisted on a whisky and by the time they had been round everyone else they tacked me onto the end of the service. The next surprise is that everything except the main courses is off the trolley which means you really all have to dine at the same time. Anyway, the food and wines were good and the service attentive.

This wasn’t an overnight flight so there were no pyjamas nor duvets but the bed is comfortable for a snooze.

SwissExPat
    Participant

From where to where?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls