Singapore Airlines B777-300

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I had wanted to fly Singapore Airlines for years so was looking forward to be flying First Class on my first flight with them .

Dubai airport was of course packed as I made my way to the check in area. There was no queue but the whole experience was underwhelming and no special effort seemed to be made.

I went though to departures and found the International First Class Lounge. This is used by many airlines and it was ok but didn' t have a first class feel to it. I was under the impression I could use other Star Alliance lounges and went to the Lufthansa Senator lounge but was refused admittance, same story at the Star Alliance business lounge.

Boarding commenced and I was immediately welcomed and shown to my seat. The aircraft was an older B777-300 and there were 8 first class seats configured 1-2-1. The flight attendant was Lydia and I felt lucky to have her looking after me. She was so kind and attentive and nothing seemed too much trouble. Lydia handed out amenity packs that included Salvatore Ferragamo after shave, lip balm, eye shades, socks and Givenchy pyjamas. There were also 2 male attendants, both very good although the senior one was perhaps a bit long in the tooth and had a seen it all before type of attitude. Dom Perignan flowed freely and the older man seemed a bit put out when I questioned which type of Dom it was and said it was the one on the card (there were 2 types).

The food was very good along with the wines, although I did begrudgingly limit myself as I wanted to enjoy the flight and didn' t want to arrive feeling awful! After dinner, my bed was made up and I managed to sleep for about 3 hours.

This flight lived up to all of my expectations and I thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly the service of the cabin crew.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user FirstClassWannabe can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls