Saudia A330-300

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

According to Skytrax website Saudi Airlines just got 4 star rating and sudden improvement in its seats showed that it deserved the 4 stars rating

Flight was on time

Saudia's website showed that this aircraft has IFE (In flight entertainment) system system but this particular aircraft did not have any IFE system

Seats have a very good legspace that I have not ever seen in any Saudia's flight before

Only drawback is inflight meals in all domestic flights they serve only serve sandwiches regardless of what time of flight it is. another issue is when you ask for a cold drink they open a tin and from 1 tine (355 ml) they serve 2 or 3 persons.

Everything else was good

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user FawwazAsrar can be found here

NTarrant
    Participant

Hot breakfast is served in Saudia business class on domestic, usually a choice of omelette or foul. Some evening flight between RUH and JED have a hot meal

dutchyankee
    Participant

Hi NTarrant, I think you meant `fowl` or were you commenting on the quality of the omelette? 🙂

openfly
    Participant

“Foul” is the standard Arab breakfast porridge with umpteen tasty additions….try it!

dutchyankee
    Participant

Open fly, you are absolutely right, I was just having a play on words. Foul is often spelt Ful and is normally a starter but many do have it for breakfast. My brother has been living in Saudi now for over 25 years and having flown Saudia myself domestically often my comment was meant as a joke as their food is rarely what I would call brilliant. No offense intended.

NTarrant
    Participant

Nice one Dutchyankee! Fowl is how I would describe any omelette as I don’t like them, so I always have the foul and very nice it is too.

Saudia’s catering is not bad, save for the sandwiches mentioned by the OP which could be better. Main meals are quite good, even in economy, on the RUH-BAH service a hot meal is provided in economy. There is always a choice in business (unless it’s sandwiches).

Can’t say I have seen foul as a starter, only ever as breakfast

dutchyankee
    Participant

Hi NTarrant, fantastic. My brother lives in Damman and I have often flown to Jeddah from there. I even remember the days of Gulf Air’s 737 shuttle from Dhahran to Bahrain, great times. Foul is often used as a dip or starter in places like Jordan, in place of Hummus. But as you say often as a breakfast item, especially in Egypt. I am not a fan as Fava beans have never been a favorite of mine, but often with the added spices and lemon it can be quite yummy and filling when hungry!

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi Dutchyankee, I’m in Riyadh, go to Dammam fairly often, nice place. We have a Thursday morning breakfast in the office (temporarily suspended!) which usually has two types of foul and some nice warn thick Arabic bread to scoop it out, very yummy!

Gulf only operate DMM-BAH twice a day, but their prices are eye watering.

dutchyankee
    Participant

I should meet you for breakfast next time I visit my brother and his family!!! :-). These days we drive across of course as you say the flights are absurdly priced. But always nice to get away to Bahrain for a weekend!

NTarrant
    Participant

Breakfast would be good :). Spend a number of weekends in Bahrain, nice to get away, beer and bacon! Usually stay in the Intercon or Crowne Plaza, the pub in the latter does a good pork adobo, go in there on a Saturday lunch time it’s a good job there is waitress service as you can’t get to the bar for Saudi’s

dutchyankee
    Participant

The Regency also tends to be our weekend break!. We’ve probably passed each other. Tall bald Dutch Americans enjoying the bar! Hope to see you there next time, drinks on me (at least the first two rounds)!

NTarrant
    Participant

Cheers. Post on here when you are next there

Swissdiver
    Participant

According to Skytrax website Saudi Airlines just got 4 star rating

ROFL! Best one of the year. Another example of the ludicrousness of Skytrax…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls