Qatar Airways B787-800 Dreamliner Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

IvanBlakely
    Participant

I was so looking forward to my first flight on a B787 on Qatar Doha to Brussels.
    The Qatar 777-300 from Melbourne was pretty good by economy standards, but the seat and legroom on the 787 is abysmal.
    For a 6 hr day flight the recline and pitch was ok, but the leg room was very poor.
    Every A,C,D,F,G and K seat has a HUGE IFE unit intruding well behind the seat in front and taking up about a third of the width of your leg space. One way the middle seat was free and it was almost acceptable, but on the way back it was occupied and there was nowhere to go. Why do the new supposedly latest technology IFE units need to be so big ?
    I doubt the Qatar exec who signed off on these seats ever sat in one or ever plans to, and in that respect we have something in common ….. as neither am I.

Tallinnman
    Participant

“I doubt the Qatar exec who signed off on these seats ever sat in one or ever plans to, and in that respect we have something in common ….. as neither am I.”

Excellent quote and I also will avoid 9 across on 787 and 10 across on 777.

sparkyflier
    Participant

It is surprising Qatar have gone for this seating on the 787, especially as an airline seemingly positioning itself as a prestigious carrier.

Every review I have heard or read of the Qatar 787 in Y is that is is very, very unpleasant indeed, and takes away from the excellent products found in their A330, A340 & 777 fleets.

canucklad
    Participant

Hmmmm. ……. was looking forward to trying out the new EDI service but I’m afraid I’ll need to do some more research before partying with my hard earned cash as poor reviews seem to be the norm.

So I’ve already got dreamliner hesitancy and now steerable class.

Very disappointing to say the least.And like AC should lose one of their coveted star ratings.

openfly
    Participant

….on the other hand the Qatar Dreamliners Business class is quite superb. 1-2-1 seating, one of the best available. I did peep through the curtain…..not looking good!!

BertramAgans
    Participant

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

superchris
    Participant

BertramAgans. Quite, but somewhat off topic.

Back to the QR787 – truly horrible in Y, awful seats and what little legroom you have taken over by IFE box underneath. Augmented by a dogs dinner of an airport experience in HIA, amazingly still bussed to gates, hour long delay with no explanation or apology, appalling food, and baggage just strewn in the middle of the baggage hall on arrival, despite being one of the first through immigration. Complaint responded to by someone with poor English or understanding of what the issue was.

Not sure how they are keeping their 5 star rating with this abomination of an aircraft, but then again, there are a lot of QR adverts on Skytrax….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls