Qatar Airways A380

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Qatar use the dismal terminal 1 at CDG and I made my way to check in and was signalled to the J desk as someone else was using F. Nothing special at all, just like checking for any other flight. I was told no smoking area airside but there was one right by the lounge! Speaking of the lounge, it beggars belief that QR considers this lounge acceptable for First Class passengers. It is called the Air France Premium Lounge, although AF do not have any flights from T1, and is used by many airlines. It is a small area with no views and very limited selection of drinks and snacks, The staff serving were very pleasant though. I imagine there is no other lounge available but with 3 flights a day I would have thought they may have their own, perhaps there is no room available.

Once the flight was called I made my way to the gate and boarded immediately. I was greeted on board and shown to my seat. I was offered a soft drink or water, no champagne is served on the ground, not sure why as Air France manage it. The amenity kit consisted of Armani products, items like toothbrush/mouthwash etc were in the bathroom, which by the way is the largest bathroom I have ever seen on a plane. We took off on time and then I was served a glass of Krug, the first of several. The spacious cabin is on the upper deck and has 8 seats and 4 were occupied. Although they are not an enclosed suite as such, I still found it fairly private. The seat was very comfortable and the entertainment system was excellent.

I was asked when I would like to dine and lunch was served and was superb. I had Caviar, Smoked salmon and Lamb, all delicious.

The crew were very friendly and easy to chat to and really made me feel welcome.

I took a wander to the back of the upper deck where there is a bar for F and J pax, and had a brandy. It would make no difference to me if it was there or not but I suppose it it nice for groups travelling together.

I had a nap for a couple of hours and then it was time to land.

Arrival into DOH was stress free. I had a sandwich and cup of tea in the transit lounge before clearing immigration which took longer than it should have done. I took a quick look at the arrivals lounge which was empty. I stayed for a glass of water but got the impression the staff would have liked me to stay longer and have something to eat.

An excellent flight and a great experience.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user FirstClassWannabe can be found here

JohnHarper
    Participant

Great review and thanks for posting.

I always think there should be a big sign up at CDG T1 saying ‘abandon hope all ye who enter here’. It has to be one of the worst terminals in the world.

I believe there is simply no more room for lounges in T1 and although it’s awful there is no better alternative.

AF in T2 certainly offer an excellent F experience for their own passengers but like many F experiences it is closely guarded and I don’t think open to even other SkyTeam carriers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls