New AA 777-200 J Cabin Announced

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

coolflyer
    Participant

I can’t see a formal public announcement anywhere yet, however American Airlines revealed their new refurbished Business Class cabin for their existing 777-200 fleet via Instagram last night. Search ‘AmericanAir’ to see the photo.

Interesting to note that this cabin appears to be different to their 77W and actually has rearward as well as forward facing seats with direct isle access. I would have thought the 777-200’s would have followed the same footprint at the 77W being it’s essentially the same aircraft (albeit one is slightly longer).

http://instagram.com/americanair

Str8Talking
    Participant

The rear facing seats are certainly an interesting choice – I wonder what led to that decision, if it’s not to do with fitting more seats within the same footprint.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/ourPlanes/boeing-777-200-retrofit.jsp

superchris
    Participant

Theres certainly some logic in having forward / backward facing with shoulders requiring less room than feet. What a super looking product and congrats to American for completely reinventing themselves.

Overdue though.

scott66
    Participant

Could be a response to an observation, that one has to crane one’s neck to see out the window on the Cathay, AA and EVA B77W business seats. Great thinking AA

nmh1204
    Participant

if shoulders require less room than feet, why do the footrests appear smaller than the seat? Also, a few airlines have footwells narrower than the shoulders.

superchris
    Participant

sorry that should of course said feet require less room than shoulders!

nmh1204
    Participant

oh I see. Makes sense. Hope I didn’t offend you

ZKSmith
    Participant

The beauty of the reverse herringbone layout on the likes of US, CX, and AA is you don’t need to contort yourself at all to see out the windows, because the seat is angled towards them.
    I find this new layout an odd decision, as it means half the seats are now angled away from the window like in a conventional herringbone layout, such as on VS or NZ, making looking outside more challenging.
    Having said that, anything that gives a little extra shoulder space is much appreciated.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

They may be angled away, but it looks as though the window near your head would still be in such a position that you could look out of it. I just wonder why they went for this yin-yang arrangement rather than the same layout as on the 77Ws? Perhaps the seats are a little narrower – they certainly look it from the photos

Cubpaws
    Participant

I like the look of this configuration. Stepping over a sleeping fellow passenger in CW is a pain in the butt. Glad to see AA innovating. CW was so fresh when introduced but the offering has stood still.

Cubpaws
    Participant

I like the look of this configuration. Stepping over a sleeping fellow passenger in CW is a pain in the butt. Glad to see AA innovating. CW was so fresh when introduced but the offering has stood still.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Nice to see AA being innovative. It’s not like they don’t have a brand new product on the 773 but they are still driving ahead with another.

It does make you wonder how long they will continue their current commercial agreements or whether the old stories of an alliance with EK will return. After all, their products and service on the North Atlantic were already rather better than BA and yet they are still improving and innovating.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

JohnHarper – 10/04/2014 14:24 GMT : After all, their products and service on the North Atlantic were already rather better than BA and yet they are still improving and innovating.

Which product are you talking about? The awful 2-2-2 wedgie seats they have been running for years? Or are you just looking at the very very new lie-flat seats? Because if it was the former I can tell you that even the BACW seats were better than those!

KarlMarx
    Participant

Better for the bourgoisie, worse for the proletariat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls