Malaysia Airlines A330-300

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Flew this sector in Economy. This was the first time I had flown this route in 2 years and I was surprised to see how empty the flight was – compared to 2 years ago but I guess the Malindo and the Air Asia competition encroachment on this route has affected MH. Incidentally the evening flight to KL no longer exists so just one flight per day now.

I can see why. I just don't get the warmth and service commitment side of MH anymore – as most of the crew gave the appearance that they did not want to be there. Morale must be low for sure.

Boarding:

Usual MAS 'free for all' with no FF card holders called and allowed to board first. No welcome at the door from the steward and none from the stewardess near my seat.

Departure:

Departure was a little late but no real issue.

Flight:

Food was OK and I do not expect great things in economy but the food was a poor offering of watery chicken in some kind of tomato sauce and rice. Perhaps due to the timing of the flight no wine etc was offered.

Crew took a while to break away from the galley and collect the used trays but soon got back into the galley chat at the expense of the passengers. water was offered several times during the 5 hr flight.

The IFE is generally good at MAS so no complaints on that. Seat was OK to relax in.

Arrival:

No issues and deplaned very quickly. Steward at the door never took anyone one whilst he didn't make eye contact at all. My baggage was tagged as Priority and came out quickly after immigration.

Overall:

I can see the consistent downward trend in service and quality from the cost cutting but at what point does MAS get classified as a Malindo and Air Asia type supplier? I am increasingly finding it hard to stay with MAS and will most probably give the cheaper carriers a go where I can buy decent food and a drinks from the trolley service and still be cheaper that MAS.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user NobleM400 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls