Luxair B737-800

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I arrived at Nikos Kazantzakis Airport in taxi from nearby Kokkini Chani. As usual I got talking with my very friendly and amusing driver, who told me there were plans to attract tourists over the winter season and that there was still some snow on the mountains!

There were 2 flights to Luxembourg this evening within 30 minutes. I was booked on the first which was flying in via Rhodes.

I don't find airports very relaxing places at the best of times but at Heraklion I felt completely zoned out. By the way, there are plans to build a new one at Kastelli.

After getting my bag tagged I joined the short queue to put it through the x-ray machine.

Security was swift.

Airside feels very cramped and I would not like to be delayed there but, as I said, I was having a stress-free day. Upstairs there is a good duty-free shop and on the main level I had a drink trying to spy the Russians!

Bus to aircraft just as the sun was beginning to lose its sting.

Take-off was approx. 8 minutes ahead of schedule.

Luxair flights to holiday destinations are all-economy affairs, but expect business-class service…especially this evening when the aircraft was surprisingly empty. I was the only passenger in row 16, no one in 17 and only 2 in exit row 15.

ApĂ©ritif, 3-course meal (salad, gnocchi, cheesecake) camembert and roll, coffee and cognac…what more could one possibly want on a 3-hour flight?

We landed at Findel at 22:10, 25 minutes early.

10/10

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user icenspice can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls