KQ 737-700 and 777

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

westernNorway
    Participant

Hi, I’ve made a reservation (not ticketed yet) in business class for two nightflights: BKO-NBO on a 737-700 and NBO-LHR on a 777. Has anyone tried the seats in business class on these planes? Overall, the seats on 777 gets decent reviews, but I can’t find any reviews on the seats in 737.

SenatorGold
    Participant

I recently flew KQ B737-700 from LUN via HRE to NBO and then B777 from NBO to LHR. The B737-700 offers standard reclining business class seats in a 2-2 configuration. The seats are similar in size to those offered in business on American Airlines and South African Airways B737-700s and 800s. They were reasonably comfortable for a LUN-NBO sector (even at midnight), but I’m not sure they would be great for a flight of any greater length. They really only allow you to doze. The seats on the B777 are angled lie flat and and are not bad. The cabin can be a little tired. The configuration is 2-3-2 so aim for 2 seats. That said, on my flight 3 seats in the middle were free and I had them all to myself. KQ is ok, but I wouldn’t rave about them. Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport is just awful and KQ lounges usually have few free seats.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

I have to agree about Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport what an awful place to transit. I have only flown economy with Kenya and have found the service and food to be much better on their short haul services than on their long haul ones.

MarkCymru
    Participant

I agree that NBO is awful overall but the KQ lounge isn’t that bad (I spent about 5 hours in it last year) and it’s better than any others at NBO. The advantage to NBO being small and over-crowded is that you’ll never miss a connection because you landed at the wrong side of the terminal or, worse, the wrong terminal (you can walk just about anywhere in 10 minutes). They are thorough and professional but the security people also smile and joke with you — just imagine how much better that would make LHR or JFK!

Overall, I think KQ is pretty good. From recollection, the seat pitch on the 737s is about 40″ (so a bit better than SAA) and the beds on the 777 are great (“lie flat” is a bit misleading — I think they recline to about 175 degrees which is flat unless you have a spirit level with you) I’ve always found the crews really helpful and friendly. If you want to nit-pick, they don’t carry extra pillows and don’t offer a choice of wines but that is nit-picking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls