KLM B747-400 Combi World Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Mexico to Amsterdam with the latest flat bed seats in World Business Class (WBC).

I had arrived at Mexico City on an Aeromexico domestic flight, so had to transfer from T2 to T1, not very good signage for the transfer, but at least I could go direct to security, my luggage having been checked through to my final destination, Birmingham, UK.

Boarding was delayed slightly, gate area very congested and a long way from the lounge. Very relaxed on board, with welcome drink served very quickly. The new lower deck section is only four rows, with three individual seats, I had chosen one of these, 1A when booking, on the basis that it would have no one passing by, so should provide a peaceful nights sleep. Cabin was full, due to boarding delays and ATC we were an hour late departing at 22.00, but the Captain had announced that the flight would have favourable winds, and in the event we arrived at Schiphol only 10 minutes after schedule.

Menu cards distributed promptly, together with cards to select a la carte breakfast, or opt out of breakfast if preferred. Pre-dinner drinks and nibbles, with a second glass of Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve. Dinner had a ceviche appetiser, choice of three mains, Beef, Mexican style, Roasted Chicken, or Spinach & Ricotta vegetarian. Choice of three white (Italy, France and Spain) and two red wines (France and Australia) with a dessert wine and two different Ports on offer.

The seat was very comfortable for sitting in and also whilst eating, more than enough storage space, two flat areas at rear either side of the seat, each with a recess to hold a water bottle, plus another smaller recess above the footrest, next to the seat was a recess for magazines. TV screen was largest I have experienced on board, excellent picture quality, complemented by very good noise cancelling headset. Reclined into a fully flat bed with one button, good width, which could be increased if desired by lowering the l/hand armrest. Large pillow and a very good blanket completed the bed layout, and it proved extremely comfortable, I prefer to sleep on my side, sort of foetal position, and this seat allowed me to achieve that very easily. Slept like a baby until the lights came on about 90 minutes before arrival, which I reckon must be the longest I have slept undisturbed on a flight Choice of cold drinks before breakfast tray arrived with my choice of plain yoghurt, granola, fresh fruit, and a hot dish of Apple Fritters served with maple syrup, excellent. Plenty of time for usual tidy up before landing at Schiphol. Unusual exit route from front cabin, left section to rear of WBC is Comfort Economy, so instead of going through this the flight attendants directed WBC passengers through the galley area on the right hand side, to ensure that we were first to disembark.

Whilst not allowing direct aisle access there are three individual seats for single travellers but guess these get reserved pretty early on, I booked eight weeks before travel and individual seat 4A had already been reserved. Upper deck seating is in traditional pairs. Purser said hello to all passengers in the cabin before dinner, and after breakfast she came round with the Little Houses and asked how people had slept and if they had enjoyed the flight.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Great review thanks ViajeroUK

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls