Hong Kong Airlines A330-200 Economy (long-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

KatWong
    Participant

It is NOT a wise choice to fly the Hong Kong Airline. Unfortunately, I had unpleasant first-time experience about HK Airline staff’s ignorance and insensitivity to the international travel norm, which seems to be contrary to the Hong Kong city’s image as a diversified international city. Hong Kong Ariline does NOT have capacity in dealing with passengers of different nationalities.

I was a passenger of HX 252 departing from Hong Kong to Taipei on October 31st and was penalized for not having my middle initial on the flight ticket. While the check-in staff was graciously verifying with her supervisor with the various forms of my other proof of identity showing my full name, the supervisor kept rejecting the fact. As an American citizen and frequent flyer having flown on more than 10 different international airlines (United, American, Cathay Pacific, Dragon, Asiana, Eva, China, Japan, British, Israel, Qantas, Continental, Singapore, Air France, etc.), I have never encountered an airline who doesn’t recognize the full First and Last name as a whole name.

Besides, the document verification process is not even consistent among the Hong Kong Airline ground check-in staff between different locations. The Taiwan check-in counter did recognize my full and last name as a whole name on the trip from Taipei to Hong Kong on flight HX283 on November 3rd. The inconsistency made me confused and disappointed on the overall training protocol and guideline of the Hong Kong Airline staff. And they are very insensitive to/incapable of dealing with non-Chinese passengers.

I also emailed my heartfelt concern to the Customer Service department of the Hong Kong Airline on Nov 9th (5 days ago) and have not received a response. Not sure if I will ever get a response….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls