Flybe Embraer 175

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Checking in was a breeze as was passport control and security so was airside within ten minutes of arriving at the airport.

Had 45 minutes to kill so had a good mosey round the shops and thought I would treat MrsM to a bottle of Smirnoff with the Gold flecks in it. Thought MrsM might like it, although on reflection it was a bit chavvy as she took delight in telling me.

Boarding started at 12.50 for the 13.20 flight and was all done and dusted bang on time. I dreaded the long Taxi at AMS as not only is it boring, but can take almost as long as the flight!

Fortunately we were booked on to one of the closer runways and after waiting for the wake turbulence of a KLM 777 to clear we were away. I had a pleasant enough coffee on the 55 minute flight and we touched down a few minutes early at 13.35. It took a couple of minutes to the gate and then we were inside and at border control.

I was picked out by the Police for further checks and given the third degree by them. However I was still out of the airport and on the dire SWT train to London by 13.55, just 20 minutes after touchdown. Who can beat that?

MrsM kindly picked me up from the station and I was home just after 15.15 in South West London, watching flights queuing up to get in to LHR.

If only Flybe did Madrid from Southampton they would see me virtually weekly.

I was then in the doghouse for the rest of my Friday for thinking MrsM liked gold flecks in her drink!

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 187347 can be found here

MrMichael
    Participant

My review above suggests that Security was straight after passport control, it is not at AMS, security is at the gate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls