Flight Disruptions Anticipated at Major Airports (23rd-24th December 2014)

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

travelwell
    Participant

based on this: Unionised employees of air service provider, dnata, are set to go on strike at three of United Kingdom’s airports on 23 and 24 December.
    Flight disruptions are anticipated at Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester airports on the aforementioned days. Negotiations between Unite and dnata are reportedly still possible, as such; the possibility of the strike being cancelled or postponed cannot be dismissed. Should the strike proceed as scheduled, significant flight disruptions and/or delays should be expected on the affected days.

does anyone know or can “predict” how affected BA will be as I am flying on the 24th ? I know it will all be guess work but still wanted to ask

thanks

BigDog.
    Participant

travelwell
    Participant

i am flying from gatwick, will that be affected ? I am flying BA from gatwick. I just called BA and they said they dont know about the strike or that there will be any distruption !! typical… belive it when I see it

SimonS1
    Participant

I think Swissport does the ground handling for BA at Gatwick.

BigDog.
    Participant

I believe BA is still handled by Swissport out of LGW, though LGW management have given assurance that it will run a full service despite Dnata strike threats.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls