Egyptair A320-200 Economy (short-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

JeanChamieh
    Participant

On the 4th of May, I was travelling from Kano to Beirut with Egypt Air. My itinerary included a 2 hour 40 minute layover in Cairo. My flight was at 08:40. However I waited at a coffee shop till the screen indicated that the gate was open and took around 8 minutes to get there but was told that I was late and the plane doors will soon be shut. Fine. Instead of letting me on the plane, they gave the order to unload my baggage. Frankly, I’m not sure which takes more time. However, I am willing to abide by the rules. I decided to take the next flight to Beirut which was the same day at 16:50. After waiting for 8 hours in the airport coffee shop, we boarded the plane but it did not take off till 18:00. The announcement said that they were waiting for a passenger who was running late. Is the policy of double standard by Egypt Air acceptable to Star Alliance? I got to my gate just in time but was denied boarding, and now we all have to wait 70 minutes for a passenger that actually never showed up. Moreover, there was a repetitive pinging sound that we heard the moment we stepped on board. Nothing was done about it during the 70 minutes we waited for the no-show passenger. It kept on going almost continuously from boarding time at 16:50 till we arrived at Beirut two and a half hours later. (Video available upon request). All passengers on board got really agitated with some suffering severe headaches, myself included.
    However, I am still an objective person and will give credit where it is due. I salute the pilots of Egypt Air. Take off and landings were extremely smooth, and they maneuvered the plane on ground swiftly reflecting professionalism and experience.

Note of attention:
    On the flight from Kano to Cairo, the back of my seat angled to the left which was uncomfortable. Luckily the seat next to mine was empty and I moved. (Seat # 22A)
    On the flight from Cairo to Beirut, the seat upright button was faulty and kept laying back during takeoff. I also changed seats later when we leveled off. (Seat # 24C)

Best regards,
    Jean Chamieh

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls