DXB-CMB Emirates B777-300ER (two-class )

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

talparis
    Participant

3rd world class service. Terrible lounge (T3) terrible boarding (cattle train) terrible seat, horrible food. It looks like Emirates have 2 different services. 1- that wins awards and 2- that should be classified as worth in the world. I experienced both in 1 day & what a difference.

OpenSky
    Participant

Yes I have noticed that as well but many Airlines such as Thai and Singapore using older product for shorter flights.

Schaible
    Participant

Totally agree: Emirates uses its oldest “horses” on certain Middle East labor class routes, such as India, Pakistan, Iran, Sri Lanka, Philippines.

At least, on those flights their product is in line with their already poor service.

The days Emirates was a real premium airline are long gone! They simply do a lot of media campaigns to appear in the public. But an airline must only be judged by its consistency in service and product! From this point of view Emirates looks pretty bad….

mroo_ywg
    Participant

This thread could tie up with the parallel thread “Emirates horrible food ex DBX.” I used to be a regular on EK 10 years ago, but have not flown them for five years now, as their service was already on the way down back then.

For various reasons, I am currently on a six sector EK trip, and can not only vouch for the fact that there are two or even three airlines in one, taking into consideration the aircraft on some routes as stated in this thread, as well as the amazingly inconsistent inflight service on the different routes, or even on the same route (As I found on the LHR-DXB/DXB-LHR route).

I have two flights this evening ( SIN-DXB-EBB), but I am not holding my breath for anything different, unfortunately. After five years, I have given EK a chance, but I am not sure I will be flying them again anytime soon.

talparis
    Participant

mroo_ywg as you seem to be knowledgeable in the matter what alternative do we have?

Schaible
    Participant

talparis,

there are options to make sure you won’t spend your money in Emirates, even you need to travel thru Middle East:

Etihad and Qatar Airways (from my experience throughout better than EK) and Oman Air. Actually I would prefer to travel on Ethiopian via ADD to Africa rather than compromising service by using EK.

talparis
    Participant

Thanks for your help.
    I haven’t tried Ethiopian yet but have tried Oman and it was not any better.
    For EK defence I must say that Europe Dubai on 380 service is impeccable. Limousin, check in, lounge, crew, seat, food, are all top notch.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls