BA A320 and B767

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

connorJohnson
    Participant

I am travelling in Club Europe to Larnaca in June.
    Can anyone recommend the best seat I should choose in terms of comfort and leg room?

esselle
    Participant

If you go for the centre section on the 767 you will, in my view, be very comfortable, even if it is one of the older aircraft.

On my last LCA, the CSD, Tracy, was pure old school BA; the very best of what used to make BA so special. Hope she is still on the Boeing fleet and you are lucky enough that she should be running the cabin on your flight.

Swissdiver
    Participant

B767… Can be Short Haul or Long Haul, refurbished or not.
    Here are BA’s fleet description: http://www.thebasource.com/aircraft.html
    That said, looking at http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba664/, I see only A320s…

Travellator
    Participant

Its likely the 320 will be the new pinnacle configuration so much less legroom and partially reclining seats, same as economy – only on board difference is middle seat kept free.

m&scava
    Participant

As a regular traveller on that route I’d avoid the A320 at all costs – and if, timewise, that’s your only option, get 1A or 1F.

On the later 767 flight I always choose the middle seats in row 9 – back row of the front cabin section so you can recline your seat without annoying the person behind.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

As I was saying in news piece this week, there is so much difference with the onboard standards on flights to this part of the world.

London-Larnaca is 2,039 miles. But fly London-Tel Aviv which is around 200 miles further and from October and you’ll find BA using a B787 with Club World seating.

Travellator
    Participant

The Pinnacle 320 club europe is seriously under par for a duration of this flight, also catering wise hot food only served between 12 midday and 2 pm and after 5pm so you have 3 sandwiches , 1 scone and very little more for a 4 hour flight in between these times – seriously underwhelming – or dont you ALL agree ?

SimonS1
    Participant

I thought it was always a hot dish on Band 4 flights?

Travellator
    Participant

Happy to be incorrect, better for customer if so, still doesnt improve the apalling seating for business class !

m&scava
    Participant

@AMcWhirter – you’re absolutely right and I thought that when I read your piece. I think LCA is the longest Club Europe flight BA do, and it feels like a very long flight indeed on the refurbed A320.

@SimonS1 – Yes, its always a hot dish on this flight, certainly in Club. There were some issues in economy exLCA after the demise of Cyprus Airways (who used to cater it) but I think they’ve fixed that now.

Probably should have said, my references were to LHR flights – A320 does the 0710; 767 does the 1145. If you’re flying from LGW its an A320 – without IFE – so even worse!

Travellator
    Participant

So to sum up avoid 320 Flights due to poor seating even though catering on a Zone 4 flight MAY be acceptable ! Are there any postive views on Club Europe Pinnacle seating ?

Travellator
    Participant

m&scava

The NEW lgw 320 birds are 13 years old having served with several operators. Row 1 seats a and c have NO bulkhead so your feet are directly into the galley with no separation to the cabin crew and NO vanity curtain for PAX going to the lavatories – CLUB ? Europe ! A shadow of its former self !

andystock
    Participant

767 all the way. When flying between London and GLA / EDI always try and get the 767 flights. Front part of the cabin has decent leg room with the old style CE seats. They are not in too bad condition considering thier age, they got a light refurbishment a few years back. Nice aircraft to fly in.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls