BBC news last night MH370

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

JeffD
    Participant

Was I on a different planet last night ? During the news there was finally some debris washed up that may link to MH 370. Surely this was worth a mention on this forum.

We were recently going about BA stewards having beards surely MH370 is more important to the travelling community.

Has any heard if the reckage found in the Indian Ocean was actually from MH370 ?

ImissConcorde
    Participant

canucklad
    Participant

What’s more shocking is that nobody has commented on Putin’s. Response to finding. And prosecuting the animals who shot down Mh17. we really are softies in the west.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

They are still not sure if the wreckage is from MH370, but my question is, just how many 777 wings are floating round the oceans?

MrMichael
    Participant

More wreckage has been found, a door I believe. I do find it hard to fathom why confirming the flaperon is from the lost MH flight is taking so long. It is after all just a case of checking the serial number against a database. The Frenchys need to hurry things along for the benefit of the family’s.

I hope it is what they think it is, the not knowing and that faint glimmer of hope of the bereaved families needs to be sorted and quickly. I pray confirmation of what we all know can allow the families to grieve properly. Clearly they will still want to know why, and the parts found are unlikely to give us that.

stevescoots
    Participant

It may take some time, if the part found only has manufacturers part number it cannot be absolutley linked to this flight. it would then fall into the realms of analysis. search records of any 777 that lost this part (and obviously did not crash) studies of the metal that could link it to a date of manufacture, aging of the sea life that made it their home. 3 points of reference to come to a 95%+ probability this is from MH370

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If I remember correctly Steve, you mentioned in a careful analysis the plane had likely flown west, something I agreed with as I never accepted it had gone south as the “experts” predicted. If this is the wreckage how right you were.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

LuganoPirate – 02/08/2015 07:59 BST : They are still not sure if the wreckage is from MH370, but my question is, just how many 777 wings are floating round the oceans?

Two, I suspect (one port and one starboard), given that there have been only five 777 hull losses, and four of them occurred over land.

So unless someone has been going around chucking old 777 flaperons into the sea, or a 777 somewhere has had one fall off while over water (and I couldn’t find any news of that) then that really only leaves one possible source.

Let us hope this goes some way to bringing closure – although undoubtedly sadness rather than happiness – to bereaved families of passengers and crew.

Ahmad
    Participant

The Malaysian PM has confirmed that the wing portion that washed up on La Réunion is from MH370.

https://t.co/UwRsK1zdA2

I, for one, am relieved that the plane did not disappear into thin air. Having said that, I feel sad for the loved ones of the passengers and crew because this will bring back their pain.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

And if you have time to read more, there are many articles here of impressive depth with detailed comments at the end of them, many disagreeing with the theories..

http://jeffwise.net/category/aviation/

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Article in the Times (sub required, but probably available elsewhere)

Charred cockpit debris may help to solve mystery of flight MH370

canucklad
    Participant

The on-board fire theory has been doing the rounds in pilot circles
    Specifically a fire in the forward cargo holds disabling communication and other critical systems.
    As the pilots turned round to return to safety they were overcome and the autopilot just kept flying the route last punched into the FMS.
    And if you’re happy to remove the suicidal pilot theory, the fire theory IMO is most logical.
    Obviously I’m not an expert, but after watching the documentary about the Helderberg there are similarities.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls