BA118 Bangalore to London

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

AussieJohn
    Participant

Looking for some advice on this.

I am about to book this flight in Premium Economy in early September.

The flight departs at 7am.

Anyone used this service before? Given the 3 hour check in rule, I would have to leave hotel in cbd about 3am, as the airport is a fair distance as I understand it.

I have also found out there is a Day Hotel at the airport and they are advising me that I can book a room there for the Monday night, and I think that will be my best option.

People here seem to have mixed reactions to BA, so not sure what I should expect on this flight. But it is 10 hours, and for that length of time, I am paying more than I want, for a bit of extra leg room. As it is a day flight, sleep is not necessary.

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

julmops
    Participant

I’ve flown numerous times on this flight, both in Premium and Economy.
    Depending where you will stay in the city, it shouldn’t take more than 1 hour to get to the airport at that time of the night. I usually would get my transfer booked for 2.30am (like to leave some bumper space just in case). I would advise you to online check-in the minute it’s up and running. In 2 separate occasions, I was upgraded to Club World at the airport, being a simple Blue card holder. Definitely worth it, I would say.
    For the flight itself, I assume it’s still flown by a 777, so it’s normally good IFE, decent service and variable food.
    Any further questions, don’t hesitate 😉

AussieJohn
    Participant

Thank you for the info.

I have booked the flight so I’ve got it locked in. Paid the extra to select a seat. I always like an aisle seat, so didn’t want to risk waiting till online check-in opened.

Haven’t decided about what to do re accommodation. I am staying Friday night and Saturday night with a friend. On Sunday I will go to a city hotel. I am thinking I will go to the airport on Monday night and use the day hotel. At least then I am on the spot ready for the early start on Tuesday morning.

Don’t know what the “Blue Card” is. I am not a BA FF. Only had a few BA flights in my life, one of which was on Concorde, and a couple of others when it was BOAC! I’ll be using my Qantas FF card on this trip for the points.

The flight is a 777.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Do you have any status with QF, AussieJohn?

AussieJohn
    Participant

Unfortunately no.

I don’t fly enough, one big trip every 3 or 4 years. So no status with anyone sadly. At least my points don’t expire with QF! I nearly have enough for a Business Class return from Oz to London. So looking forward to using that maybe next year.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Ah, never mind then. If you had, I was going to make a few additional suggestions but they won’t be relevant.

Nonetheless, I hope you have a good trip!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls