BA 787 and A380 delivery dates and numbers

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

• Anonymous

767prisoner
    Participant

Does anyone know the latest on the delivery dates and how many are expected?

LeTigre
    Participant

The first A380 G-XLEA is confirmed for Q2 2013.

So far there are three A380s for BA all on the production list, all scheduled for 2013.

http://plane.spottingworld.com/A380_production_list

The site isn’t currently working but should again soon.

http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/787/index.php?p=2

The only details on that website is that the first 787 is coming in 2013, with the registration G-ZBJA.

Hippocampus
    Participant

3 A380s are due for delivery in 2013. A further three aircraft are due to be delivered in each following year through to 2016.

4 787s are due to be delivered in 2013. 4, 2, 10, 4 aircraft are due to delivered in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Hippocampus do you know if any 747’s will be retired in 2013 as a result of new aircraft? and how many class config the 787 will have? xx

RichHI1
    Participant

He posted no First on 787 in response to my inquiry elsewhere. So 3½ I guess.

I guess they had better get cracking…. (sorry I couldn’t resist the worst pun of the year :-))

LeTigre
    Participant

I hope their plan to acquire A380s doesn’t take off from LHR and make an unexpected stop-over in DXB.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Does anyone know whether the A380s will carry an enhanced F or J product?

LeTigre
    Participant

Probably not.

In a recent interview, (can’t find the link), a senior executive said that they would be enhancing the products but not really introducing anything new. So expect a “refreshed” design, so a bit like on the updated 767s, new covers, lighting, insets, baggage holders, etc. but no new seat. The new First isn’t that old anyway, but I do hope that a new club world is being tested somewhere in the depths of the BA fortress…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Hengli you are so right, hope they replace new club world soon its not really new any more its been out for to long. xx

RichHI1
    Participant

So more new blinds than showers? I would like to see new Business seat such as CX have and AA have announced for 773. Every seat aisle access and decent length without flying backwards.

VintageKrug
    Participant

So would I, as it looks great. After a series of disasters on AA I avoid them on longhaul, but this new product once rolled out more widely would tempt me back

Perhaps some of their octogenarian cabin crew will have died off by now?

Downside is that with reduced density, there’s a reduction in capacity (especially on BA which has a higher proportion of premium cabins) – could lead to increased fares, reduced profitability and reduced redemption opportunities, as well as endangering the First cabin as a viable offering.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Whats wrong with flying backwards?

Or to phrase it less pejoratively – whats wrong with rear facing seats?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I actually prefer to be “seated facing rearwards” as I think is the technical term.

In 4k on the LGW services, and on the Upper Deck, you get a nice view of the wing, and the aircraft reflected in the engine cowling. Safer in a crash, too.

RichHI1
    Participant

Poster I will not name, I think you are right and I would prefer a higher value product with a reduced availability to the reverse. I think with the roll out of no first on 787’s we will see First being cut back anyway. I suspect it will survive for now on longhaul for Specific routes where there are wealthy clientele for whom the prospect of a small Private jet is unappealing ( lhr-jfk/lax/gru/pvg/nrt etc).

For me a quality large seat and punctuality are pretty close to perfection.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls