Air Canada B777-300ER (three class)

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Boeing 777-300 Vancouver-London Heathrow 2 Sep 2014

The new business class studio pod is TERRIBLE – narrow, short and ridiculously sized and shaped. It's okay as a seat, but I paid for a good night's sleep. Forget it! I'm 6ft 4 and when the seat turns into a bed, it slides the lower half of your body into a tiny plastic coffin-like box (in the area under the armrests of the two passengers in front) with no room to move your legs at all, and it wasn't long enough for me – so it wasn't humanly possible to lie down!! Hell on earth.

As a result, I arrived at LHR tired and irritable, lacking the sleep I had needed and deliberately paid for.

The cabin crew was brilliant, but they told me that a lot of other business class passengers had complained about this new seat. It's also difficult to get the seat back up again from a supposed "bed". My seat 2A on C-FIVO was also missing a seat-based flexible reading light. It is a reasonably new aircraft so why on earth was that missing?

Basically, Air Canada has decided to shove more seats in every class onto this aircraft at the expense of comfort and space, and every passenger is short-changed as a result. The 777-300ER that normally takes 359 passengers is being converted to 458 passengers – mine was one of them. The passenger loses. I have read that it is a plan to reduce cost per seat by 15%. It is a total disgrace – avoid this aircraft at all costs. Air Canada used to be a great airline but it is heading downhill. I have sent two emails, two letters to the LHR office and two letters to Calin Rovinescu: the CEO of Air Canada. No reply of any kind has been received to date. Air Canada really doesn't care anymore. If this is the way Air Canada is going, then it's time to change airlines folks.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 187317 can be found here

canucklad
    Participant

Simply put…….These 777’s are an affront to basic human values, and Ottawa should demand that the national flag carrier remove the Maple Leaf from the tail and replace it with a sardine logo.
    And as I’ve said before, they should be investigated by trading standards, people are paying top dollar to fly AC and in reality ending up in an aircraft that even some charter airlines would baulk at!!

MartinJ
    Participant

Thank you for the heads-up. To me AC’s new business seat looks pretty much the same as that of Swiss, which I find excellent.

gabrielstonner
    Participant

Get Real Authentic And High-quality fake passports, driver’s licenses, ID cards for sale

High-quality fake passports, driver’s licenses, ID cards for sale
    We have years of experience producing original quality real/false passports, ID’s, drivers licenses and many other identity documents, really cheap for countries such as ; Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Spain, Sweden, Australia, Austria, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, e.t.c.
    Passports with chip for the following countries are also available for : Australia, Austria, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, e.t.c.
    We can also produce documents such as work permit, for UK, USA, Italy just to name a few.
    You can contact us directly to get the additional information and place the order through the bellow address..
    E-mail : (( <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]))
    Team Director :(( <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]))
    -—————————————

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls