Aer Lingus New Business Class A330

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

Goldielox
    Participant

Here is a preview of the new Business Class cabin, coming in March 2015.

http://www.aerlingus.com/new-business-class/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx3oJI9jAwg#t=52

The new cabin to include:

Free WIFI
    Dining on Demand
    Sleeper service (pre-flight dining) on services from JFK and BOS

MartynSinclair
    Participant

is that a wedgie or flat… seat..??

looks very good though….

there cant be many airlines left who have not updated business class in recent years….. 🙂

Goldielox
    Participant

No idea.

The word is a single way redemption will only be 25,000 miles from DUB – BOS

MartynSinclair
    Participant

wow… and no doubt with cheaper taxes and add ons etc..

andystock
    Participant

One Improving airline, LHR T2, new business class, free WiFi onboard. Plus pre clearance at Dublin!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

If you watch the youtube clip it is clear it is fully-flat (look at about 1’30”) – complete with undersheet and quilted duvet

openfly
    Participant

It looks a very pleasant cabin.

EI are making a push, sensibly, to be a westward hub carrier from DUB, with all the benefits, listed above, with easy connex from the UK and Europe.

But, maybe, EI could look at long-haul routes elsewhere. For example, there is no direct route from DUB to JNB. It could work very well to operate DUB-LGW-JNB with traffic rights on all sectors. Such an attractive Business Class could help support this idea.

SimonS1
    Participant

Interesting Openfly. We were only talking about this in the office yesterday and bemoaning the lack of capacity to JNB. The flights with Nationwide were very popular before the airline closed down.

BusinessBabble
    Participant

Looks like the same seat as the BA ex BMI mid-haul A321’s.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ian, if you look at 1.43 the front part of the bed appears to dip…..

does this make it flat 180, wedgie or angled….

boy, do we sound like spoilt kids… or just have high expectations!!

I agree though it does look fab… wonder how long free wifi will last..

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Hmmm.. hard to tell Martyn but they do describe it as fully-flat

superchris
    Participant

it looks good, and throw in some of that wonderful Irish hospitality, great connections, US pre-clearence and terminal two and for the right price it looks a great offering.

pheighdough
    Participant

I looked into this last night, and for £1800 I can get return flights ex LHR to BOS via DUB. I think they may have retimed the outbound, as I can land in BOS at 13:45 (as a domestic pax) which completes with the other carriers, who get there earlier but need a long queue in immigration.

For me, the earlier into BOS the better.

openfly
    Participant

@SimonS1

I hope that somebody from EI is following this thread. It might just seed an idea…..a route to JNB. I don’t think DUB alone would support the route. So, it would have to go via LGW and, as you so rightly say, ease the loads on LHR- JNB. Their offering would sell itself on good old Irish hospitality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls