Aer Lingus A319

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

EI35 LHR T2 – Belfast City

This is a route I have been flying every few months for the past 25 years, but the first time from Heathrow T2.

I had booked a Basic HBO fare as I was only going for 48 hours.

I arrived at T2 on foot from nearby T1.

The previous evening I had checked in online and saved my boarding pass on my iPad.

Skipping through security, I eventually found the Gold Circle Lounge.

'Welcome back Mr icenspice'
    'Thanks, but this is my first time here'

Turns out the lovely Anne had confused me with another passenger with the same surname. I wonder who that could be?

Before leaving the lounge and after a bowl of potato and leek soup I decided to check my boarding pass….which had mysteriously disappeared from my iPad. No problem…I was promptly issued with a paper reprint.

Boarding was slow at Gate A23 with several passengers having to leave their HB to be put in the hold.

The flight was full and all the Cabin Crew were cheerful. Unfortunately by the time they got to me in 24F there were no Hot Cheesy Misters left so I made do with a selection of cold sandwiches and a bottle of white. €10. And judging by the number of pax who ordered something, it must be a good money earner for EI.

Final descent quite bumpy with good views of my hometown and of Carrickfergus Castle.

I disembarked at the rear of the aircraft for the short walk to the terminal.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user icenspice can be found here

MrMichael
    Participant

What pray is a Hot Cheesy Mister? Does not sound like anything I would want.

Edski777
    Participant

It’s what is called a “toastie” in Britain or a “Croque Monsieur” in France. “Mister” being the translation of “Monsieur”. It comes with varous fillings, but is almost always quite greasy. A great way to up the cholesterol levels. 😉

I have not have the pleasure to enjoy one on board of EI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croque-monsieur

PatJordan
    Participant

I have enjoyed many a “cheesy mister” on board EI flights.

The filling is ham & cheese, and always very tasty. If one is feeling indulgent, a cold beer is always a good accompaniment !!

icenspice
    Participant

Still not convinced Mr Michael?

esselle
    Participant

On an Easyjet flight from LPL a while back, the announcements were being made, in a delightfully thick Liverpool accent, about the snacks available on board.

The attendant said “……and the hot snack today is a croak mon-sewer, which is basically yer ham and cheese toastie….”

Spot on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls