10 Things I Dislike in Airport Lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sitting in Doha with nothing to do for the next 4 hours, can’t even go for a walk, I was thinking about the things I dislike the most in lounges.

1. WiFi that needs the most absurd user name and password such as “ftG7#jy4g&h”. Thank goodness you connect automatically here.

2. WiFi that needs a new voucher after 1 hour. ZRH note please!

3. Wash basins with a magic eye to work the water. As soon as you cup your hands to wash your face, it cuts off. After much gesticulating it reluctantly comes back to life.

4. Premium lounges so full there are no seats available – as when I arrived at 7am. Doha please note. Though it is now almost empty.

5. Lounges where they serve Alcohol but not pork. Chicken sausages – yuk!

Can’t think of anything else just now, but I’m sure fellow posters will help complete the list!

canucklad
    Participant

Morning LP and safe travels later

6) People sitting in a lounge moaning about sitting in a ” premium lounge” lol 🙂

7) Greedy people who steal prepacked cheese

8) Ice-buckets that double as novelty hats

9) Out of date newspapers

10) Televisions that are tuned into nonsense

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

11) Wifi that is so slow you wish you hadn’t bothered spending 5 minutes typing in the password (Skyteam Lounge, LHR T4)

12) Lack of powerpoints / plugs for electrical devices. Fellow passengers then forced to trail electrical wires across the floor, between seats and across walkways creating “death zones” for anyone walking back with a side plate piled high with crudities.

13) No flight announcements / too many flight announcements / too many flight announcements that are inaudible / just one flight announcement that was inaudible, but was your flight.

canucklad
    Participant

14) Refer to no. 3 and soap and water dodgers

15) Refer to no.7&8 and no.14 and imagine the rest

16) Shoes on tables and chairs

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice one Canucklad, but I’ve got to pass the time somehow! Thanks for the good wishes.

Swissdiver
    Participant

17) Being asked to produce the membership card because their bloody system can’t see its maturity

18) Having to stick to cold food as the hot one is not edible

19) Not being able to find a comfortable seat as all of them are fit for people up to 1.75m tall

20) Having to plan extra time to go to the gate as the lounge is before security

Senator
    Participant

21) Watching child-like tantrums from DYKWIA travellers trying to ask for something they are not entitled to (like access to a better lounge).
    22) Fellow travellers in busy lounges that make no proactive action to share limited space, and then give you the evil-eye-stare when you ask to share the rather limited space available
    23) Poor cleaning of plates, glasses and trays
    24) Loud conversations among a small group of DYKWIAs or perhaps even worse, making calls on phones to tell the world where they are
    The list goes on

Swissdiver
    Participant

Love 21)!

25) Any people shouting in their phone!

canucklad
    Participant

Feel your pain LP, had to kill 5 hours at IST on Tuesday morning after an 11 hour flight from HK. Without lounge access, found the bar and nursed 2 Effes beers. Yuk

Me, my mate,a Canadian and a bloke from Scandinavia were the only 4 drinking alcohol at 8 in the morning. Brilliant !

openfly
    Participant

Senseless, inane, thumping “music”. BA spent a fortune in the improvement of the CPT lounge. It’s a stunning place, but for one thing, the dreadful background noise from the speakers. I complained and the lounge staff said they agreed but could do nothing as they were told what to play and the volume level by some erk at BA Waterside!!!

….and the bulk Marmite jars in the BA T5 lounges…hehe

LuganoPirate
    Participant

26. Serving spoons and forks that do anything but leave a mess
    27. Too small spoons for the sauces
    28. No small bowls into which to put the sauces

canucklad
    Participant

29) Hopefully not going to jinx you LP, the board still stating ” Wait in Lounge” 5 minutes before scheduled departure

30) No explanation for 29

JohnHarper
    Participant

31) Wines and champagne that are served at the wrong temperature.
    32) Lack of shower amenities and/or poor towels.
    34) People who need four seats when the lounge is busy.
    35) Unwrapped food that others can finger – BA biscuits spring to mind.
    36) Food items not topped up in a timely manner.
    37) Lounge dragons who make access difficult when you are clearly entitled to it. (I’m thinking of you LH).

norbert2008
    Participant

38. Hooray henry’s who missed two flights coz they were out drinking till 5.00am. Sorry if your sitting next to me!
    39. Aged business men taking, so called PA’s away on business for the weekend! Again sorry other side of me. (Just knocked champers over me! Must have seen me typing).
    40. Just caught out a certain dragon who had no idea what an Emerald Cathay Card looked like, after looking up all was fine preparing for same in Rome Sunday! Wont say where I am in enough trouble already……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls